Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still wasnt sure after the slab so I bought another.. I got myself another wild caught oscar today, not planned. Looking for a nice pleco and male peppermint bn now.

Here is a pic of my little Strippy's i think there a very under rated marine fish i like them there good for a first time fish keeper of salt water and very common around jetties.
DSCF2858.jpg

DSCF2857.jpg

They are pretty cool looking little fish.

Maybe an orange spot pleco? Hard to tell and Im not awesome with pleco's. Have you got any photos of it in the water and settled?

Hey can anyone give me a positive ID on this Pleco?

1.jpg

3.jpg

So I bought a gold spot gibbicep and another peppermint bn, hoping to get a male out of the three pbn i have now as Im pretty sure one if not two are female.

Last edited:
Hey dudes.
One of my little neons has a growth on the left side of its face/head. Can anyone shed light on what it may be? Should I quarantine him from the tank and treat him for a fungal infection?

sorry the pictures are crooked

Attachments

• photo-11.jpg
    photo-11.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 59
  • photo-10.jpg
    photo-10.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 65
  • photo-9.jpg
    photo-9.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 61
Hey dudes.
One of my little neons has a growth on the left side of its face/head. Can anyone shed light on what it may be? Should I quarantine him from the tank and treat him for a fungal infection?

I know it sounds harsh but imo you are better off culling him now than trying treatments that may or may not work.

Yeah that doesnt look great. If anything you can try pimafix and melafix (both together) as they are natural and wont be harsh on your bio filter and in the case its infectious it MAY stop it spreading. Having said that if its bacterial you will have to use antibiotic treatment that would be harsh on bio filter and if its a virus there isnt really anyway to treat it except making sure water conditions are as good as you can and lowering stress (it looks a little like a virus).

It would be a good idea to remove it if you have somewhere to put it and possibly give the tank a good vacuume and treat with melafix anyway but thats totally up to you.

On a side note does anyone here have a tds meter, if so what type and what sort of readings does it display?

I changed it around a bit over the last couple of weeks, the first plants I put in are starting to take off, and the cherry shrimp are looking nice and healthy
100_2683.jpg

Hey dudes.

that looks like neon tetra disease, I would get the fish out asap. there is no cure for neon tetra disease and any fish who bites him or touches him will get it also. I went over this for a whole year trying to save neons and lost close to 50 and many over fish till I figure out what it was. theres little info on the disease but theres no cure and any fish can get it. if you act fast you may be lucky and get it out of your tank!

this is one of the main reasons I get cardinals now no issues with this bug, had to ving/bleach bomb the tank 2 times to finally kill it off. nastiest bug I have ever faced worst then marine velvet imo.

that looks like neon tetra disease, I would get the fish out asap. there is no cure for neon tetra disease and any fish who bites him or touches him will get it also. I went over this for a whole year trying to save neons and lost close to 50 and many over fish till I figure out what it was. theres little info on the disease but theres no cure and any fish can get it. if you act fast you may be lucky and get it out of your tank!

this is one of the main reasons I get cardinals now no issues with this bug, had to ving/bleach bomb the tank 2 times to finally kill it off. nastiest bug I have ever faced worst then marine velvet imo.

+1 for NTD done my research (online of course) after dealing with it myself certainly looks that way, in all honestly flush it. Dwarf Gourami's have a similar issue 'Dwarf Gourami Disease' great looking but I gave up in the end, only the wild caught are safe but at 12% or so of world trade on them good luck finding a true source

IMG-20120824-00293.jpg

My new gold fish tank, 8x4x3 Hoping to at least get 1 comet in here, Hopefully it wont be overstocked then.

IMG-20120824-00292.jpg

5x3 and 6x2x2 under for my sw preds and queen angel.

IMG-20120824-00290.jpg

8fts for coral with sumps. (if u look closely you can see my male dovii doing a hand stand (swim bladder issues :( )

IMG-20120805-00275.jpg

Here they are before the male rammed the tank and broke it =( the female died so he was sitting on the floor for 6 hours + was a very painful day.

IMG-20120802-00269.jpg

My Male GT! His one of the best I have seen around cant wait for this guy to get big!!!

Last edited:
peacock bass are easy to get, just have to produced here. lots of people breeding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back