Best place to Buy Snake Handling Equipment

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skelhorn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Heya guys,

Am looking for the best place to buy some equipment in the near future.

What I am after is :) .......

snake hoop (triangle design) and bag + 1 extra bag (with detachable bag)
Collapsible snake hook and a 1m (or so) long snake hook
Depending on price a snake gripper (the one with the leather strap-so it doesn't hurt the snake).

Let me know if anyone knows of any good sites out there :)

hey man,
a mate of mine has a hoop and bag, just get your mum to knock up a celico bag to fit a land net that you can pick up at big W for about 20 bucks then cut off the net and velcro on your home made bag :) cheap as!

collapsible hook: i myself have a Midwest hook, great design, they have a groove on them so that they don't twist like most collapsible hooks do. these do still slip in when under presure s i wouldnt recomend pinning with them but i think all collabsilbe hooks do that. about 70$ posted to my door maybe a little less, cant remember. Snake Handler Australia sell these.

tongs, if you want a good set i dont have any, but we use the Gentle Giant tongs, they dont have leather but i've heard they are harmless on the snakes, i've also seen a fair few people on youtube and teles using these .. or what looks to be the same anyway. they're about 150$ though... bit exy but you only ever need to buy one pair... they also come in a collapsible design so you can throw them in your bag :) ... little bit more $$$ though i believe. Also from snake handler... i think they're the only inporter in australia for these products, i've sometimes seen these on EBay though. not sure if they're replicas or same brand... still works out to be similar price though.

hope this helped :) i love my hook! would sometimes like more strength because they're weaker then your normal hook which you can use for flipping logs etc without too much damage.

Thanks guys :D

Yeah I wondered what those snake grips were called, they are the ones we used at our Handling Course, They work awesome!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back