Turtle tied to balloons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
this is where ironic punishment should come into play, tie whoever did it to balloons and let them float over the city meanwhile anyone who likes is given BB guns to take out the balloons. seems fair to me

poor little fella, hope who done this gets caught and gets what they deserve

Ahhh that explains how they've gotten into the local Blackburn Lake here :lol:

Human animal cruelty doesn't surprise me. There's always another level lower they can stoop to.

For shame some people are just (no swearing thanks), I agree with Dreaper.

Last edited by a moderator:
very cruel who would do such a thing ?

but do you know whats even sadder , the one 3 videos across about the dog . one of the saddest things i have seen :( :( :(

Those responsible for the prank, if found, may face animal abuse charges.

may face , shouldnt be any may about it , should be will face animal abuse charges , whats their excuse going to be " oh sorry judge , it was an accident , he got caught up in the duck tape and the balloons filled themselves with helium and he just took off "

Horrible, I hate stories like this I hope whoever did this is caught and given maximum animal cruelty charges as this is really one of the lowest things someone could do. :x

Would you all have the same outcry if someone did this to a cockroach?

Pulled wings off a fly?

Stomped on a spider....

How many of you would have posted 'fly tied to line' to a newspaper?

Do any of you get up in arms when someone puts a live fish on a hook to catch another?

I'm sorry, but all I see is cruelty and double standards....

How dumb Slimy, insects don't experience pain and don't come under animal ethics considerations. Stick with your fish example.

Gird

Last edited:
How dumb Slimy, insects don't experience pain and don't come under animal ethics considerations.

Life is life... And calling that dumb is in itself an incredible disregard for life in general... I can't believe you'd put the life of a spider ahead that of a turtle or yourself for that matter... Why? What makes you think an insect doesn't experience pain - whether in the conventional sense or not...

If an insect didn't experience fright or flight responses it wouldn't be able to do what it does to survive - think of what happens when you try to pick up a worm... There's a series of extremely complex mechanisms that make the worm 'squirm' to avoid being eaten by a bird.

If it just sat there and enjoyed itself, it wouldn't bother moving - now would it.

So - dumb?

I think not. But thanks for your put down, I appreciated it with maximum joy.

At the time of writing above you hadn't edited to include the fish comment - the fish on a hook comment certainly won't hit home with so many - though it is the closest to a turtle on balloons and cruelty that you can get - yet so many do it!

If you pick a bug up by its leg it struggles to get away. If you snap the leg off it walks off calmy. If they experienced pain the way we perceived it this would be the opposite. Why do locusts still eat whilst being consumed by a mantis. Worker bees rip apart their own brothers and sisters when no longer required.

Tying an insect to the balloon isnt comparable and your argument is still dumb. Are you a vegetarian mate? I read research that said plants might feel something to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back