Doesn't it annoy you when someone enters your photo into the photo comp.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coppersimon

Reaction score
I don't know how you feel about it but I sold some of my animals the other day. The buyer asked very nicely if they could have a copy of the glamour pics I had taken of them. I emailed some photos but now I have found my pics in the photo comp. I don't really mind but it's sort of annoying at the same time. The photos aren't good enough to win so I'm not worried about who gets the prize if they do and if by some work of god they do win the buyer is more then welcome to keep the prize.

That is kinda lame.. Fair enough to show the pics as it is their animal now, but to enter it into a competition when they didn't take them is a bit far.

lol some people just dont get it mate.. I suppose they were so smitten with their python they wanned it in the calander, not the actual photography.. maybe if they give you a shout out in the comments??

That's like when we go fishing on the Flora River. When we pull into the ramp all these Mexicans rush over to get their photo taken with OUR barramundi. They have no shame. (and we dont care)

for give me if im wrong but i believe its against the competition rules to enter a photo you didnt take

They're *your* photo's - no one has the right to enter them unless full credit is given to you. I'd be reporting that to Admin if I were you.

Yeah, & what Thomas said !

Conditions of Entry

All submissions must be photos originally taken by yourself and must not have appeared in any past APS calendars

i know you said it doesnt worry you however the point is they DIDNT take the photos and have breached the 'Conditions of Entry' and as such should be reported, perhaps quietly via a PM, its not right they are putting these photos up against those who have taken the photos themselves

I agree with Ausgecko it's rude. I have seen pic's I have taken of my animals for sale, Used by other people to sell their animals and all they could say was easier than taking their own pic's. How rude!

I don't know how you feel about it but I sold some of my animals the other day. The buyer asked very nicely if they could have a copy of the glamour pics I had taken of them. I emailed some photos but now I have found my pics in the photo comp. I don't really mind but it's sort of annoying at the same time. The photos aren't good enough to win so I'm not worried about who gets the prize if they do and if by some work of god they do win the buyer is more then welcome to keep the prize.

Umm, while you "don't mind" your photos being used, unless you give the third party written permission to use your images, it is a breach of the Copyright Act and its laws... You have every right to sue...

Quite aside from everything else, I'd be a touch... upset if I were one of the other competitors. It's unfair to those who submitted their own work, and akin to somebody googling an image and submitting it.

If you think it's wrong just tell them to remove the pic

Umm, while you "don't mind" your photos being used, unless you give the third party written permission to use your images, it is a breach of the Copyright Act and its laws... You have every right to sue...

Good luck with that.

I dont see the problem with it so long as the person comments and says who it was that actually took the photos of there animals , its no different to me getting someone else to take a picture of my car then enter it into a competition as long credit is given where credit is due..

I dont see the problem with it so long as the person comments and says who it was that actually took the photos of there animals , its no different to me getting someone else to take a picture of my car then enter it into a competition as long credit is given where credit is due..

- - - Updated - - -

This is why the world has its stupid rules everyone wants to sue for something ...

Apart from the fact it is just wrong you should give the photographer full credit. understand if you want to show off your snake to others and a photo has been given to you but always give the credit due.
Besides that, howcan you possibly feel good about doing it ?????????????

...its no different to me getting someone else to take a picture of my car then enter it into a competition as long credit is given where credit is due...

Actually, they are very difference situations here.
And it's not as simple as that. And Copyright laws in Australia state just that.

If someone takes a photo of your car, it's their creative work (imagine, even if the car and camera are both yours), the photographer automatically owns the Copyright for that photo.

Since the buyer of the snakes 'borrowed' the photos of the snakes he now owns, it does not give him the right to publish (on-line or not), print, email etc. any photographs taken/created by someone else!

So the "credit is given" to the photographer, not the owner of the car or owner of the camera or anything/anyone else.

P.S. I also do not think one is allowed to enter a competition w/ someone else's photos, for the reasons stated above.
But without reading the competition T & Cs, I wouldn't know for sure!

Last edited:
A young girl where I work went away with her boyfriend and his parents, Whilst away she took a beautiful picture which her boyfriends mum later entered in a competition claiming it was her own picture. The picture won the competition where the prize was a 5 day river cruise, The mother said that the photographer and her boyfriend could take the prize but now they have split up the mother refuses to give over the tickets. It is a dog act to claim someone elses prize but it is an even bigger dog act to accept the acclaim of someone elses efforts in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back