weezy snake?!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezmay

Reaction score
hey guys,
I have a 9 month old childrens python. Picked him up just before and noticed he is weezing and puffing up with every breath. i have been looking through the old threads on here but they dont seem to help much :(
He looks healthy other than that and seems normal in every other way. Moving aroung like usual and eating like a champ :) He has been in the same enclosure for 6 months and no chemicals have gone anywhere near him!!
Should I be taking him to a vet or can this be normal??
Thank in advance for any advice :)

it can be loose skin in their nose , but it will normally be a one off sound , not every breath , kinda sounds like RI , respiratory infection , what are your temps and humidity like , a vet check wouldn't be a bad way to go though

cant see any loose skin there... hot end between 30-32 and cool end between 26-28... humidity gauge is stuffing up a bit but I live in Darwin and it is starting to become a bit humid again?! if it is RI, how do they get that?

It sounds like it has an relatively advanced case of respiratory tract infection to me, in which case, it needs to see a vet asap and go on a course of antibiotics. RI can be caused by several things, from a rapid change in temps to stress.

yea i didn't think it was loose skin , just saying that sometimes a one off weeze/ whistle sound can be loose skin , i think its more common in larger snakes , not 9 month old children's , my coastal does it from time to time when his moving around alot , i wont offer any advise on how to treat it other than take it to a vet , not being rude just dont know the best way to treat it and thats what id do , they can get ri from cold damp conditions from what i know but theres probably a few other causes and influences on it i dont know about

yeah, think i will have to call the vet :( not sure wat could have caused it?? enclosure isnt damp or cold or anything. I did try to change the substrate the other day and he started to strike at me for the first time since i got him?? could i have caused it by doing that? i gave up the moment he started to strike wen i tried to get him out to change it and i only spot cleaned it!! if it is stress related will it go away or def vet??

The Ark Animal Hospital in Palmie is supposed to have a good rep vet.

thanx daryln, that was the next issue, lol... i will give them a call monday :)

thanx daryln, that was the next issue, lol... i will give them a call monday :)

- - - Updated - - -

may need to go closer to home tho cos i live 1.5 hrs out of darwin... on the way to kakadu!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back