Cairns' psycho Sally produces mammoth clutch of eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious , Who has the largest captive snake in OZ ? . is it the reptile park gosford?

Those big snakes lay that many eggs, they are of no use to anyone in this country though, not really a sort after species.

- - - Updated - - -

They obviously would have know for a while they were expecting eggs and in that time worked out how many were wanted. They would only incubate enough eggs to satisfy the demand.

yeah, prob 1

Hi All,

Rarely look at the forums, but have been notified of this thread and would just like to clear a few things up.

Yes, in typical media fashion some stories from certain media outlets have grossly mis-quoted the statement regarding the 2nd ever captive breeding of Reticulated Pythons. That is of course complete rubbish as we all know they are bred in the thousands annually overseas. The correct quote should have been that Reticulated Pythons have only been bred in AUSTRALIA on 2 or 3 previous occasions (Taronga in the 1980's and Australia Zoo over 10 years ago)

A number of Zoo and Aquarium Association member institutions across Australia have expressed interest in aquiring a cumulative total of approximately 25 juvenile Reticulated Pythons. Eggs will only be incubated to meet regional demand and requirements, rather than too produce surplus animals. Eggs that are not required to be incubated will be destroyed long before hatching.

There are suprisingly few Reticulated Pythons and even fewer pairs held in zoo's and fauna parks across Australia and a number snakes that form the current captive population in Australia are relatively aged individuals, which is why there was/is a regional demand to breed this species.

Mark, send us a pm or give us a call if you still have my number...

Peter, that photo is ancient...!

Cheers

Alex

that photo is ancient...!

Hehe, I must be ancient too as that is how I remember you when you used to come into Repchat and pick the brains of the experienced keepers

Good on you for following your dream we need more young people like you Alex

Cheers
Sandee :)
(alias Pythoneyes)

Jeez, can't you oldtimers hang on to a username?
How big are retic hatchies?

Jeez, can't you oldtimers hang on to a username?
How big are retic hatchies?
They are reliably reported to be ~2 feet in length, which is about 60 cm to you young whippersnappers.;)

Last edited:
congrats to psycho sally on the 75 eggs hopefully they all hatch and go to good zoos ,i saw and filmed her last sunday scoffing a chicken looking petty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back