Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellemose

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Indeed they do.

i have heard about it, so made a little experiment today, i tried to see if my womas would eat fish, and indeed they would, they ate 2 thawed up herrings each and still looked like they wanted more,

so its another thing to add to the list over possible food items to make it varied.

Lol, Do you think a jungle python would eat fish? I'd love to stop thawing dead mice and it'd be nice to have other food options to feed. :)

I have talked to people who feed their BHP's fish. They recommended fish like whiting because fish are much more dense so they dont compress like rats or birds do.

I spoke to a lady with bhps at the gold coast reptile expo who feeds her snakes either poddy Mullet or whiting. It is a leaner protein source and apparently the poo doesn't smell like quail can.

I spoke to a lady with bhps at the gold coast reptile expo who feeds her snakes either poddy Mullet or whiting. It is a leaner protein source and apparently the poo doesn't smell like quail can.

Nah it smells worse, I used to feed childreni and spotteds poddy mullet occasionally in the past, but they make a mess out the other end

My bhp would eat (or at least try to eat) elephants. He is a perfect tube shaped processing unit.

Last edited:
I've posted pics here in the past of bredli,macs,womas,greens and darwins eating whole fish (whitebait).If you do wish to try fish just make sure that you don't use fish with sharp spines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back