Jackypython

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.James

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Jackypython carinatus? :rolleyes:

Sounds interesting.. anyone care to add to this?

Last edited:
he who can't be named is a legend..................
for a legend is a myth, myths are no better than fairytales, and we all know fairytales are B.S.

I think its funny & very sad at the same time.

oh dear..... it is sad when more and more people find out about his crap

google Jackypython carinatus and watch the youtube

If it's the one I've seen (no offence but I really have no desire to watch it again) then it doesn't explain anything ?

Is he for real putting that sort of thing (namely the vens kissing) on Youtube? Way to encourage someone to do something stupid. :facepalm:

Hahah no comments on his videos.. Lol cause he is a rooster and people will tell him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The unstoppable RH... every year a bit more bizarre... and aggravating... But that's why he does it I guess. Doesn't use hooks because he "loves" them, but rips their venom glands out without a thought...

Jamie

I'm confused, what the hell is a jackypython carinatus? How is it different from a Morelia carinata? Does this mean if we have a youtube account we can make up new scientific names for our snake?

He tried to make the rough scale it's own genus, using "Jackypython".
Im sure we are all glad it didn't go through and get called that stupid name!

Im sure we are all glad it didn't go through and get called that stupid name!

Stupid is an understatement. Was there ever any reasoning given for that particular name ?

From the YouTube video " I took one look at them and said , these guys don't fit in with moriela " " I've named them jackypython get used to the name because it's not going anywhere "

I hope this clown is reading , anybody with half a brain would dismiss anything this guy says , I don't think the name jackypython will stick , considering that video and this post was the first time I've ever heard it , dude stop trying to rename species I heard about him trying the same thing with a type of crocodile , what a joke

The unstoppable RH... every year a bit more bizarre... and aggravating... But that's why he does it I guess. Doesn't use hooks because he "loves" them, but rips their venom glands out without a thought...

Jamie

It's hard to believe, but there was a time long before he had the huge internet hate following, that he was actually permitted to communicate with us on the various herp lists. Even then, he would share the typical banter with the likes of David Williams & JW, but it always seemed to be a mutual disagreement, rather than the outright hatred that is directed towards him now. Hell, he was even invited to talk at a Mac Herps meeting !

I actually admired the guy. His Reptiles & Frogs book was the first "proper" herp book I ever bought (way back in 89), and I still have it to this day. I met him a bunch of times in a non-herp situation. He would lug a big bag of his books around on his shoulder, catch the train to a random station, get off and then travel from one end of the town to the other visiting the shops and businesses attempting to flog his books. I always thought this was a great work ethic. Granted, his fashion sense was a bit off, but I always found him to be pretty articulate, and quite humorous/witty.

So I come back to the hobby after a 10 year absence and the mere mention of the name RH creates an absolute shipstorm ! ;)

Do I still admire the guy ? Well a lot has happened in that 10 years, and the few times I've tried watching his youtube channel or reading his site it seems his attention is solely dedicated to fending himself against the slew of adversaries he now has, that I've pretty much lost interest. I mean, a 15 minute video dedicated to FB trolls, really ?

Would I go and watch him do a talk ? Most definitely, provided he left the voids at home, along with all his troll talk.

As for the whole venomoid thing - This all happened (or became widely known) during my absence, so when I found out about it I naturally wanted to read more. In his explanation he stated that he thought it was cruel and stressful to handle snakes by pinning and using tongs, and free-handling was unsafe in a public situation. Fair enough, I thought. Then I watched some video's of him forcing these snakes to bite himself (and others, which I won't even bother going into). How is that not cruel and stressful to the animal ?

LOL. I just realised how long this post is. Kind of a waste really, as this thread will surely self-destruct.

It's lots of fun reading through the different names he's come up with. I was originally questioning his use of "tribes" as I've never heard it before, but I've been corrected =) learn something new everyday!

Was there ever any reasoning given for that particular name ?
He named it after one of his daughters. He has a theme of naming animals after family and friends - thank goodness there are so many "new" reptiles he's discovering!

dude stop trying to rename species I heard about him trying the same thing with a type of crocodile , what a joke
You don't like Oopholis? But it's such an attractive name and totally more appropriate than the ridiculous "crocodylus" - who knows what animal that is?!
[/sarcasm]

Seriously, what a joke :facepalm:

Last edited:
Never met the guy, so I cannot comment on his mental state of health. But first impressions count and after seeing that, I would be reluctant to allow him into my home, let alone have my offspring handle anything he has...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back