what should I do?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananapeel

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys.

Next year I will be getting a stimson python.
I was talking to a guy in a petshop today about them. He said he was able to get them in when I wanted.
Should I get one from a petshop or is this not a good idea. If so are there any good breeders you know of in Victoria?

Thanks

It's not a "terrible" idea, but you will find more than likely you will get a healthier and better priced snake from a than one from a pet shop.

Last edited:
It's not a "terrible" idea, but you will find more than likely you will get a healthier and better priced snake from a than one from a pet shop.

There are a few good breeders in Vic which negates the need for import permits and paper work, But i would agree not to buy one from a pet shop!

It depends on the pet shop as some shops get their animals from reputable breeders and do take good care of them. I believe Amazing Amazon in Vic has a good reputation for providing quality animals. I visited them when I was in Vic last year and love their shop! Another good way to buy a snake is to visit a reptile expo where you can meet and talk to a lot of breeders and see the animals they breed. Check out the VHS Reptile Expo page, it will be held on 16th Feb 2013 - Victorian Herpetological Society ? 2013 VHS Expo

Personally pet shops arnt to bad and they do all the license work for you +1. But sometimes they overprice animals, and you can find better prices from breeders. But then you have to do a little bit of searching so you can find good dealers with good prices. If you can find a breeder in your area then go with that, if you cant the pet shop will do.;)

I bought my Stimsons Python from Pet City. It was a very healthy snake when i got her and still is today. In my honest opinion, they are a great pet shop with a lot of care and knowledge about their animals. I am always pleased to buy from them because i see the extent of work they go through to keep their animals happy and healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back