DP issue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dangles

Reaction score
grabbed my Diamond out this arvo for some yard time, when i noticed he clenches tight in the mid section and pretty much folds himself in half at this point whenever i touched/held him. He is due for a shed (mrs said his eyes were blue a few days ago. Only just gotr told this)

He seems to move ok, just a small lack in movement in this area until touched. Also there appears to be a lump/swollen around this area.

He is about 7ft. temps, cool end is ambient(23 ish today) and Basking spot of 29*. Last fed about 3 weeks ago but am pretty sure he has defecated since.

Got a vet booking on thurs, but any suggestions? Cant upload pics as only on iphone atm

Are you sure its male, has it been kept with another python. I ask as females when in follicle development and/or egg development can fold around or protect their follicles/eggs in a similar manner.

kept on its own so cant be gravid. Was probed by a vet but i remember him saying it probed differently each side. guess ill find out on thurs.

Thanks for that info anyway

Took to the vet, vet felt around and said possible blockage from food. Considering last feed was almost 2 months ago. Suggested cranking basking site to 35*.

Upped heat and movement improved. Had a difficult shed(top part of head only) do assisted in the bath last night. I knew it was coming as soon as the shed was removed from the cloaca area. The end result was stone like. Hard as anything and black as. This was followed by the stench and a pile of fur. At least he is back to his normal self now

Note to self: Never eat whilst browsing APS.

Status
Not open for further replies.