Jungle pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Womagaunt

Reaction score
Hey guys, i have been hearing alot about jungle carpet pythons and wanted to know do they all have a bad temper and would you reccomend them as a pet? Thanks also does anyone know how big they get and know any decent care sheets?? :)

Iv heard they come can have a temper and others are great snakes and not tempered at all when you do consider getting it and you fined a breeder just talk to him about there temper and see if they are good handlers :)

Iv heard they come can have a temper and others are great snakes and not tempered at all when you do consider getting it and you fined a breeder just talk to him about there temper and see if they are good handlers :)

- - - Updated - - -

But i guess if you are worried about getting a snake that is a bit snappy maybe wait until you are confident enough

Last edited:
Care Sheet = APS for all you need to know (use the search function and just go through page after page of information)

It's well worth taking the time to find a good breeder - I found a breeder who bred for temperament and I have a lovely placid Jungle - I couldn't be happier!!

I'm expecting him to get to around 1.8 Metres Long.

They generally prefer more upright (vertical) enclosures, rather than long enclosures (as they prefer to be off the ground) My enclosure will be 150mm High x 950mm Long and 50cm deep with both branches and basking shelving (several at different temperatures)

They are known to sometimes be picky hatchies, my boy was (but improved a lot - he is now an eating machine)

Loads of research should answer any questions you have about them :)

I just got one, 8 month old. Has the BEST temperment! She's really lively but hasn't even tried to strike at me when I pick her up. Instead she climbs up me and is totally happy doing her own thing. Never even shown any signs of aggression, no hissing, no backing away, no strike-posing. She's a happy girl. But like caleb96 said, it really depends on the snake. some are happy and some are a bit bitey. Initially though, as you them and get them used to you they'll calm down as they get older. They get around 2m (sometimes longer if ur lucky!) in length. I would definitely recommend getting one of these guys! Get past the biting part (but if you are confident, I swear ir is less likely to bite) and you have a gorgeous serpent, mate. I could not be happier with mine :D

I had the choice between two Jungles from a breeder - they were total opposites of each other.

I decided to get the tame one as I wasn't that confident with Snakes at the time (and am still not 100%, but a lot better) being only my third one. Haven't been bitten (or even 's' shaped at) as of yet.

Having said that though. I did have a snappy MD that settled down quite quickly and is quite tame now. Any Snake can be snappy but calmed down. it all just depends if you are willing to put in the time and effort for them.

Last edited:
if its what you like then go for it i did and don't regret it but mine isnt that aggressive unless very cold.also great colours and eatslike a charm have to recommend jungles but can be very snappy when young but i doesnt hurt so you get over it.

Womagaunt if you weren't to get your jungle for a while, and your woma was a bit bigger and you got a bite from it at feeding time you should be able to take a jungles bite haha ;)

Yeah haha its not really the bite im worried about i just wanted to make sure that they wernt gunna be aggressive where everytime i go to feed or hold it or move it to clean itstank it would get agro and try squirm away and bite me

Coz i just want one that is timid and likes to be handled

Coz i just want one that is timid and likes to be handled
why do you want one thats timid , im thinking you mean you want one that isnt timid , cause timid and liking to be handled don't really go hand in hand , if their of a timid nature, they'll probably be the same whilst there being handled if you know what i mean :)

anyway like others have said , they do have a reputation for being nuts but it isnt always the case , a mate of mine has 3 jungle , 2 nice ones and one psycho all from the same clutch i believe so your best bet would be to find a breeder you trust and is willing to help you out in picking one that doesn't have 2 much aggression as a hatchie that way it should calm down a little into adulthood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back