Woma feeding question.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buffcoat

Reaction score
So, I got my Woma about 4 weeks ago. He's about 20" long (51cm). I've been feeding him rat fuzzies and small adult mice weekly. Should I feed him every 5 days instead of once a week? How fast is their metabolism?

I feed my hognose every 3-4 days. That's how fast their metabolism is.

While Im asking, I feed my jungle once a week as well. She gets a rat fuzzy. She is approximately 24" (61cm) long. She acts as though she's always hungry.

Im not into power feeding nor do I want them to get to breeding size asap. I was just wondering if I should move them to a 5 day schedule instead of once a week (every Monday).

Thanks for looking!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

its better to feed them less frequent than too often, and that goes to any snake species, only snakes i feed once a week is hatchlings, rest are fed every 10-14 days or so, adults depending on size and time of year every 14-21 days, females i want into breeding condition for upcoming season are fed more than adult females im not planning on breeding, and individuals that can eat rabbits are fed a rabbit every 21 days opposed to those who cant wich are fed a jumbo rat or 2 every 14 days, its better that they get a bit hungry than they dont ;) healthier aswell in the long run, alot of pythons has a tendency to get obese because of too frequent feeding.

Thanks guys. I've always fed on a one week schedule. Except for the Hognose. It's been found throughout the years that those guys eat on average once every 3-4 days, even into adulthood. They are just that active. I just recently switched my RTB to a two week schedule. He's really not happy with me about it though. He does eat a rat that's about 1-1.5lbs. I've been looking locally for a place that can get rabbits. I figure one every few months will be a nice treat for him. I've just read on here that Woma pythons are perpetually hungry. I know my Baz is a growing boy so I didn't want to deprive him. As long as one fuzzy rat/sm. adult mouse is good for him, that's what he will be getting until we can move up to bigger. Thanks again.

My woma would eat everyday if I let him, mine is a yearling, about 80cm , and gets a small rat(60g) every 2 weeks. Like others have said no need to feed too frequently with womas, they are better of on the lean side for their own well being, and they are also more active this way too. On a side note I won't give him anything bigger then a medium rat even as an adult, large and XL rats are too fatty for womas IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back