Cause for Concern or a 'one of'?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythonic

Reaction score
Causefor Concen or a one of?
Lastnight, whilst dangling from my son's hands, our 3 yr old male Diamond had whatlooked like a tremor. He was facingSouth (the ground) with about half his body well supported. From such position he "U-turns" in the controlled manner we're all used to seeingour snakes do, when out of the blue, about a third of the way up, something gave way -he falls a little backdown and jolts back to the point where he was. This "down and up"action happened 3 or 4 times in succession, rapidly, in a small space, in a fewseconds. I hope you catch my drift here. Tried to reproduce today but no go.Very well adjusted fellow/temperament. Had an assisted shed yesterday. No liveplants inside enclosure all conditions good. Thoughts, comments most welcomed.Alex

Toward the ground is not the direction south. (Unless you're standing on a slop where the ground is near vertical, then it could be possible).

I wouldn't be concerned doesn't sound like a real tremor to me, just him trying to get up but not finding a purchase and dropping back down again.

I freaked out when one of our stimmies did something similar, but we have since figured out that he just doesn't like to be held too tight. If you hold him, as opposed to just supporting him, he spaks out and has a kind of tremor.

Sometimes if something gives them a fright they can get into a bit of a state.

Just keep a close eye...

Thanks for the replies and views. Doesn't sound too serious then. I'll definately keep a close eye Fantazmic, especially after reading the meticulous article on DPS by serpenttoungue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back