Breeding beardies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

adz83

Reaction score
So my central bearded dragons hav just woken from their slumber and i plan on breeding them now, my question is how long should i wait before i put them together to do the deed?

It depends on how long it takes for your female to put some condition on really, i'd give at least a month of solid eating before putting them together IMO

+1
feed up your female and dose every 2nd and 3rd feed with a calcium supplement, because egg laying drains the females of their calcium supply. give it about a month then put it them together. good luck :D

And be ready for up to 3 clutches and up to 15 or so each clutch

As above +1

cheers guys shes been awake for 3 days now n her appetite is massive...will give it a month n let them go at it then

so.....i put my beardies together last weekend and they did their business a couple of times :)

the female has gone off her food now,i know this is normal for a gravid female but i didnt think it would so soon after copulation??? i thought she would go off her food in a couple of weeks,not a couple of days.... is this normal??

Um, she can lay them less than 2 weeks after mating if her temps are high, but I would still think its a few days early to go off food. My female just laid her eggs last night and she was only off the food for about 3-4 days before, it was about 18-19 days after they had mated.

should i put them together again to do the deed or just leave em? i dont wanna stress her out though...suggestions??

- - - Updated - - -

bump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back