Stimson's Python Heating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RaidenArmstrong

Reaction score
Hi :),
im going to be getting a stimsons python and i was wondering if i need a heat lamp? or is a heat mat and an exo terra compact top fine?

I have heat cord under a tile (Held in place by some wood with grooves through it if you get me. DIY section on here has more info on how to make it!). Before I had this I used a heat lamp bout found my Stimmi was not eating. When I changed it over to the heat tile she started eating right away. She has never turned down a feed yet and is going very well now. I found she needed the belly heat more than the heat from the lamp down onto an area. This is just what I have found works with my girl.

Heat cord or mat is the way to go IMO that's what I use do my stimmie.

Hi Raiden,

A few questions: How old is your new stimmie? What size enclosure is s/he going into? And whereabouts in Australia are you? (For climate.)

Nice choice, by the way. Stimmies are great little snakes.

Hi Renenet,
i will be getting a 7 month old stimi and im still not sure if i should be getting a 60x45x45cm exo terra or a 90x45x45cm exo terra. I live in Perth :)
Thanks,:)

hey mate , i live in mandurah... i have a stimsons , i use a heat cord under the enclosure and a 40w house globe and it stays 33-35 on the hot side .Dont go waste your money and get the 90x45x45 (IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back