Q' for the phone junkies

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

browny

Reaction score
Ok my mobile contract is up so time for a new phone, what I'm asking is if anyone knows of any 'smart phone' that has character 'buttons' for those of us with real sized digits.
I'm a thumb txt'er and as a normal sized bloke I need buttons larger than the average match head sized buttons they all seem to have.

Anyone know any phone that has larger 'buttons' or an option to change from keyboard view to the old school keypad view, pre-emptive text is good enough with the numbered pads.

*oh and txt'ing with a stylus is not an option, I'm not a fashion designer lol

Hmm most smart phones have tiny touch screen pads, there's old people phones at Telstra with massive number buttons lol.... Maybe give any smart phone ago and see how you go auto correct is good these days.

cheers lmao

I'm using a Nokia X3 now but it's getting harder to find a phone that mixes the old school with touch screen, was hoping someone had found one with larger keys guess I'll have to keep searching

Just had a play on the iPhone if you were going blind it would be easier can get text nearly the size of the screen.

could never bring myself to use an iPhone don't tell me I have to consider it now aaarrrgg

Lol doesn't have to be an iPhone could be a Samsung galaxy, Both decent phones. I'd check out Telstra shop for phones but wouldn't personally go with Telstra. Everyone in my family has iPhones lol

Seen the 'note' omg it's big
you do know that if you turn the screen 90 degrees the keyboard changes to landscape mode right? giving bigger buttons to push.

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/i...lyTOGrv5GXzS06vvN37MaqHa74Ejc4e0FXaAYu0dYvC-p
the phones I've tried so far don't have it as an option.....time I walk the shops again and not search online, bugga

*oooo I lie I've used 1 but it wasn't....well normal
still going to have to waste my rdo walking around all the shops though it seems.

and cheers for the replies

Last edited:
Borrow an iPhone off someone for awhile and just see how you go typing. I sucked at it at first but got use to it kinda use my finger tips ....

You'd have to know someone with an iPhone theres 10 just in my family.

the phones I've tried so far don't have it as an option.....time I walk the shops again and not search online, bugga

I'm pretty sure EVERY android phone can do this, at least, every phone I've seen does.. hmm interesting.

your sounding far more helpfull than any phone shop sales-person I've ever met lol, will be checking them all out tomorrow my mind is made up

Ok my mobile contract is up so time for a new phone, what I'm asking is if anyone knows of any 'smart phone' that has character 'buttons' for those of us with real sized digits.
I'm a thumb txt'er and as a normal sized bloke I need buttons larger than the average match head sized buttons they all seem to have.

Anyone know any phone that has larger 'buttons' or an option to change from keyboard view to the old school keypad view, pre-emptive text is good enough with the numbered pads.

*oh and txt'ing with a stylus is not an option, I'm not a fashion designer lol

Have sorta the same problem mate when I upgraded my phone a few months ago... I like the tactile qwerty keyboard instead of the virtual ones. Solution... slide out qwerty. HTC desire Z was one of my choices and so was the Sony xperia pro MK16i. I ended up buying the sony and mate it's the best phone I have ever used... might be worth having a gig at.

I too prefer the hard keyboard, but since getting a hand me down xperia x10, I have to admit, after a month, I've gotten quite used to the touch screen keyboard (with a few mistakes here and there, but I'm adapting)
gf got the galaxy s3 and it's QUITE a phone, nice big screen, very fast, it's very nice indeed.

have messed about with an Xperia x10 and neither forms of keys are quite big enuf, think my problem is I like the keys also, heading out now cheers for the list of phones to check out narrowed my search a little haha.

the iphone is about the same size as the x10 marzzy, the note however is much larger, if you need big keys, then I'd say that's the phone to start with, or something that size (if there is much else heh)

Last edited by a moderator:
I use a samsung Galaxy note which has 5.3" screen so sideways it should have a good size keys

How about this one :D
iphone-dial-retro.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back