Will my Bearded Eggs make it?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how shriveled you mean, they could still be ok. Post a pic?

Good advice, a picture tells a thousand words. Don't give up on them. Have they been kept warm?

Wild lizards don't have the perfect vermiceli/water mix to lay eggs in, conditions on nature vary dramatically and eggs still hatch.

Inert mineral that's been puffed up with heat, google will shed some light on the subject

Vermiculite is a natural mineral that expands with the application of heat. The expansion process is called exfoliation and it is routinely accomplished in purpose-designed commercial furnaces. Vermiculite is formed by weathering or hydrothermal alteration of biotite or phlogopite.

Reptile eggs will supprise you. A few of my mates found a clutch of skink eggs under a brick at school (they thought the eggs were frog eggs -_-) Anyway, they went and dug a hole and buried them. I found out about 5 minutes late and I went to investigate. I done what I thought was right to do and put the eggs in a zip lock bag and took them home. Not knowing which way was the original way up btw.
Anyways, long story short, I incubated them and every single one hatched. Little garden skinks :)
I would have never thought that they would hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back