Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Reaction score
Hi all my boss lives out pullenvale way & has a snake hanging around his house, from desciption & phone pics- about 1 metre long, round as garden hose, greeny/blue with some yellow, I thought green tree snake(dendrelaphis punctulata) BUT this thing has a massive head, it looks like a green tree python head(morelia viridis), I guesstimate like 3+cm wide.
What does everyone think?.
Pete.

A pick would be the only way for a acurate Id. sounds like a green tree snake to me.

OP a pic would be the only real way to get accurate description mate. Otherwise you will get ppl fobbing off nothing to you.

Sounds like a common tree snake, or similar. Hopefully he's happy enough to leave it there. I gather it's up in a tree? It certainly doesn't sound like a venomous species of snake. Pics would help.

If you have seen the head I can only assume you have seen the body as well. Which parts were yellow versus greeny/blue? Was it on the ground or in a tree. Was it stretched out or wrapped over itself in a ball? Was it fast moving or slow moving? Was it active in daylight? You see the problem is "hanging around" tells us absolutely nothing other than it was there. If you expect an ID without a photo, then I strongly recommend that in future you provide as much accurate descriptive information as is possible.

Don't worry about answering those questions now. It can only be a GTS - the only possible greeny/blue snake with some yellow in the area. Besides which, even an escaped GTP would not survive the environment there. Not to mention that when you have seen both snakes, about the only two things they have in common is their colour and that they are both snakes. Try googling some images of each - sounds like you definitely need to. You might actually note that virtually every picture of a GTP has something in common... your task is to determine what that is. You could have saved yourself and others some time and effort had you done so before creating a thread. Never mind, maybe think of that next time, eh?

Blue

Can you post the phone pics up Pete? We can most probably give you a positive ID then (depending on the photo quality of course).

Thanks for the spray bluetongue1 that really helped, I was only going on what i had been told & saw in some crappy phone pics, as it turns out the snake got caught somehow between a down pipe & the house & died, it was 7ft long.
Pete.

Perhaps you could ask for some better pics of this 7' behemoth, it is after all not going anywhere now.

seeing as though ppl are all making the assumption that it is a GTS as it is the only one with that "colour" patterning. i would love to see a pic of a 7ft one.

Your very condescending blue
Maybe take it elsewhere

I find him to be one of the only people who write replies in detail. I don't find him condescending in the slightest.
Perhaps he should have just wrote a childish reply like "childrens python" like the rest of the responses?

I find him to be one of the only people who write replies in detail. I don't find him condescending in the slightest.

Although he's far from the only one who gives good, detailed responses, I certainly don't find him condescending either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back