Spanner in the works!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

euphorion

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Bit of a rant, bit of a whinge. Here goes...

Had a purchase lined up for this weekend that i've looked forward to for a while. Had the money set aside, had plans made, everything was ready. Then, visited the dentist today expecting to have the usual clean although did need to have an old Fissure Seal replaced and wasn't going to be surprised if i did need another filling or two as my teeth aren't the best...

Was NOT expecting to need almost two grand worth of work done. Have to go back for another two visits to have it done, need to check with my health fund what they will cover but i doubt it will be all that much to be of any help.

So, just had to make the awful call to the seller to apologise and call off the sale. Just can't justify a big purchase like that with a big bill coming up. Sucked, a LOT. And i felt like such a horrible person telling the seller what my situation was and really felt like he didn't believe me :( but, can't be helped.

To top it off i just received my electricity bill, have just paid my car rego, etc. Never had to whine about getting all my bills at once and then having a big surprise bill too. Sigh.

Anyway, feel free to have a whinge too! Anyone else ever had to call off a much-anticipated purchase? Really left a bad taste in my mouth and i'm feeling pretty sorry for myself!

It does suck when you're so looking forward to something and then an unforeseen set of circumstances arises.

I hope you don't mind me asking. But what was your purchase going to be?

Hahaha yep same thing here. Was going to book a holiday interstate; had to replace my car suspension, get a root canal and pay rego.
I feel your pain. It stresses you out to the point someone asks to meet for coffee and you snap and start screaming about you'll never afford a house if you keep going out for coffee like a rich man!

HAHAHHA Rissi totally how i feel right now! *Judges all those getting takeaway coffee right now*

Tobe it was a little BHP.

Got a $1700 electricity bill, the wants to do list:

Make Mice rack
Make lizard stand
Another snake
Reptile park visit
Fix the car interior
Pay money of the CC

EVERYTIME I get out of debt something breaks or something happens.

I'd be careful with the dentist, I had why I thought was a great dentist telling me you new 2 root canals and it's urgent you cannot put it off and I had the first one done and was gonna start the second but decided to get a second opinion and the opinion was that I needed a filling and some tidy work but nothing urgent. I rekon the dentist is a big scam. Yes when you need work you need it but they try to up sell all the time ay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never been to the dentist and I'm 22 is that bad ?

I not long ago had to have over $800 dentil work done mind you I had to get a plate made as I had to have a front tooth removed the one they wanted me to buy it would have been over $2000 worth of work I went for the "cheaper" option .... Only for two weeks later to receive a health care card have to love timing lol ....

Definitely getting a second opinion. Brother dearest saw my dentisit, got quoted 2400 for fillings, got a second opinion and halved the bill. Hmmmmm. Thought i was on to a good one!

I got quoted $8000 to fix one tooth. By a mid 20s young dentist in Darwin. She had a bmw in the drive. Charged me $140 to look in my mouth for 30 seconds, stab the nerve to see if it was alive (it was/is) and write my $8000 quote. Darlyn was quoted 20k to get her teeth fixed. (Horse accidents).

We went to Bali, got all the work done, professionally, hygenically and PAINLESSLY. Cost 2k including air fares, accommodation, everything and we spent the next week on the Gilli Islands.

Years later the work is still good.

Dentists in Oz are evil, careless rip off merchants.

Got a $1700 electricity bill, the wants to do list:

Make Mice rack
Make lizard stand
Another snake
Reptile park visit
Fix the car interior
Pay money of the CC

EVERYTIME I get out of debt something breaks or something happens.

Joisus cobber, that's a big bill. What's chewing all that juice?

Last edited:
I don't get dental work done in Aus anymore. It's cheaper to fly to thailand/bali from here and get it done. They aren't dodgy places over there they are clean well trained people and cheap. 500 bucks for a crown, 50 bucks for a filling etc. There are plenty of people in town where I live that do this with no dramas.

When you see a dentist driving a BMW M5 with a nice dental surgery set up, secretary, etc all that cost is passed onto the person sat in the chair!

I got quoted $8000 to fix one tooth. By a mid 20s young dentist in Darwin. She had a bmw in the drive. Charged me $140 to look in my mouth for 30 seconds, stab the nerve to see if it was alive (it was/is) and write my $8000 quote. Darlyn was quoted 20k to get her teeth fixed. (Horse accidents).

We went to Bali, got all the work done, professionally, hygenically and PAINLESSLY. Cost 2k including air fares, accommodation, everything and we spent the next week on the Gilli Islands.

Years later the work is still good.

Dentists in Oz are evil, careless rip off merchants.

Joisus cobber, that's a big bill. What's chewing all that juice?

Heaters 2 fan forced electric heaters 1000-2500w setting < Biggest culprit I think

1 oil heater
2 x 100w infrared gloves 24/7
1 x 150w MVB 10-12hrs a day
Fridge
Freezer
Kettle
Hot water system < Think this is a major one

Think that's the main culprits

Have to pay it off no spending money for me. :, (

Just another tyre kicker ... ;)

WAAAAHHHHH shush you!

Well that settles it. Was going to Thailand for a honeymoon in the next few months but might just go to Bali and get the teeth fixed at the same time. Haha.

Well there are advantages to living in the Tropics, and we've been here long enough not to bother with air con. That bill is insane!

Well there are advantages to living in the Tropics, and we've been here long enough not to bother with air con. That bill is insane!

Let's just say the heater won't be in existence next winter. Unless there gas

Otherwise the missus is going lol

You've broken a golden rule : Never go to the dentist! ;)

(Ps: I do feel sorry for you. Those unexpected expenses are a real pain!)

even if in jest, that would be the worlds stupidest rule :p
teeth are VERY important, i' lost two from being stupid and a scardy cat, and from that also got a jaw infection (now THAT is some crazy **** pain) since then, no messing about, I detect a hint of a problem, DENTIST NOW! (helps that I found a really good one that's reasonably priced! yea I know, amazing!)

Last edited by a moderator:
teeth are VERY important, i' lost two from being stupid and a scardy can, and from that also got a jaw infection (now THAT is some crazy **** pain) since then, no messing about, I detect a hint of a problem, DENTIST NOW! (helps that I found a really good one that's reasonably priced! yea I know, amazing!)

So, fellow Brisbanite who has an awesome dentist, who is it?? the crappy thing is that every dentist i have been to says that visually/clinically i have great teeth, then xrays show that my teeth are pretty much melting. WAH.

teeth are VERY important, i' lost two from being stupid and a scardy can, and from that also got a jaw infection (now THAT is some crazy **** pain) since then, no messing about, I detect a hint of a problem, DENTIST NOW! (helps that I found a really good one that's reasonably priced! yea I know, amazing!)

So, fellow Brisbanite who has an awesome dentist, who is it?? the crappy thing is that every dentist i have been to says that visually/clinically i have great teeth, then xrays show that my teeth are pretty much melting. WAH.

- - - Updated - - -

okay maybe i'm being a tad dramatic, i only need fillings. so far only have one filling so then to be told i need a whole heap after 8 months since my last dental visit is a kick in the guts. i just have nightmares about my teeth falling out so i'm a bit sensitive, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back