Back again, need some help..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eriquar

Reaction score
Hi to All of you

Not sure if anyone remembers me? My son got into reptiles many years ago much to my disgust (at the time). I transformed from the Mum who said " if that gets out im killing it", to Can I hold it, to I WANT ONE lol, I do actually have a lovely male Stimmy called Lennie, Purchased by my son as a present. ( currently young lennie is on my sons licence) must incase anyone jumps to conclusions. lol

So here I am, finally ready to launch myself into the reptile world.

What I need to know is, When sealing the enclosures with silicon, which Brand do you guys use, I know it has to be non toxic, but I've been to Hardware stores and just been overwhelmed by the choices.
There is probably a sticky about it, but I would appreciate your responses and assistance.

Cheers
Erica

For white melamine, I use Selley's bathroom and kitchen silicone sealant. It's a neutral cure product, available in several colours (white is what you may need if your enclosure is white), low odour and has reasonable adhesion to melamine. Any of the common silicones are non-toxic once cured, but this one is very suitable for this purpose, and is resistant to staining.

Jamie

Hi to All of you

Not sure if anyone remembers me? My son got into reptiles many years ago much to my disgust (at the time). I transformed from the Mum who said " if that gets out im killing it", to Can I hold it, to I WANT ONE lol, I do actually have a lovely male Stimmy called Lennie, Purchased by my son as a present. ( currently young lennie is on my sons licence) must incase anyone jumps to conclusions. lol

So here I am, finally ready to launch myself into the reptile world.

What I need to know is, When sealing the enclosures with silicon, which Brand do you guys use, I know it has to be non toxic, but I've been to Hardware stores and just been overwhelmed by the choices.
There is probably a sticky about it, but I would appreciate your responses and assistance.

Cheers
Erica

Your son has methods to his maddness. If I buy mum a snake she will let me keep it, hehe.

lol very true, but by the time I got My Own Snakey, my son had around 15 of them. lol..
Infact i was the First to be bitten (kissed) by his murray darling Zorro, who had just been picked up at the air freight place.
Understably poor snake was stressed and manic..Chris couldnt get him out of the bag.
So I look at my partner all 6ft 6in of him, and he is deathly white, i turn to my son.. The snake keeper, and he has gone a million shades of green.. so it was up to Mum, who at that stage had only held a placid stimmie, to get the poor bugger out into his click clack.. Not bad for a woman who was and always be terrified of earth worms.

lol very true, but by the time I got My Own Snakey, my son had around 15 of them. lol..
Infact i was the First to be bitten (kissed) by his murray darling Zorro, who had just been picked up at the air freight place.
Understably poor snake was stressed and manic..Chris couldnt get him out of the bag.
So I look at my partner all 6ft 6in of him, and he is deathly white, i turn to my son.. The snake keeper, and he has gone a million shades of green.. so it was up to Mum, who at that stage had only held a placid stimmie, to get the poor bugger out into his click clack.. Not bad for a woman who was and always be terrified of earth worms.

good on you, mum to the rescue :D what may i ask will be your first python ?

I have a stimmie, who lives with my son at the moment.
I am addicted to womas, those cute eyebrows just crack me up.
probably next snake will be a murray darling, seeing i managed to deal with him when he was a snappy horror head of a child. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back