Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay thank you, I am only needing for the water dragons to be in there for 12 months because then my angle headed dragon will be taking the enclosure and I will be building a HUGE indoor enclosure

Very nice mate I'm jealous, I'm looking at getting angel headed dragons at some stage in the future, let me know how they work out for you :)

Very nice mate I'm jealous, I'm looking at getting angel headed dragons at some stage in the future, let me know how they work out for you :)

Thanks mate, would love to see some updated pics of the DIY enclosure for your water dragons.

Got a few more things going at the moment, a wall and separate hide for my marbled gecko (looking at getting more and breeding in the future) and once I get his tank, a back wall, hide and basking platform for my new beardie who was a giveaway from the parents of a teenager who stopped looking after it. It has some shedding issues, skin growing over claws, looks to be suffering from a lack of eyesight in one eye at least, vitamin D and calcium deficiency... Will take a while to nurse this little guy back to health :(

Okay great, when you get a chance just post some more pics of your DIY and your reps.

Hahah, yeah I can make you a hide, just give me specs and ill post it to you in 2 weeks :)

revell, how are the little guys going? any updates? I've actually started a thread on a new DIY background I'm doing.

Hey guys! Sorry it's been so long since my last post, I've been busy at college. I have just finished (as in, half an hour ago) my centralian bearded dragon's (BDee's) enclosure, it's a back wall and combo hide and basking platform, I'll post pics after I finish watching the diving (go Aussie go!)

Alrighty, photo time! My plan with this enclosure was to double up on the hide and basking platform as I was limited for space in this 90x45x45 ReptileOne enclosure. This was my first time playing around with "Foam in a Can" but sadly I didn't get any photo's in foam stage, so here it is, from grout, to first and second layer of paint and finally drybrushing with a few different colours to get the effect of shadows and highlights.

IMG_0512.jpgIMG_0510.jpgIMG_0511.jpgIMG_0509.jpgIMG_0513.jpgIMG_0514.jpgIMG_0515.jpgIMG_0520.jpgIMG_0519.jpgIMG_0518.jpgIMG_0517.jpgIMG_0523.jpgIMG_0522.jpgIMG_0521.jpgIMG_0525.jpg
IMG_0524.jpgIMG_0526.jpg

Hope you like it / get inspired to try yourself :)

And now all finished in the enclosure :)

IMG_0532.jpg

Also, I mentioned a while back I was moving my Marbled Gecko and 3 Peron's Tree Frogs into a separate enclosure, this is them on the back wall I made, sorry for image quality, iPhones can only give so much...

IMG_0540.jpgIMG_0541.jpg

Last edited:
So work has begun on the Peron's permanent enclosure, its "Foam in a Can" onto the glass that I coated in black pH neutral sealant, which I have then waterproofed, and have decided where I am going to be placing the fake plants, in a few days once the black sealant has fully cured I am going to use selleys silicone over EVERYTHING and then cover that in dry coir peat, then sphagnum moss and other assorted ground mosses with pebbles for the bottom, in time (like, next pay day) I'm going to be getting a exo terra high pressure misting/rain system to hook into it, its not going to run often, only enough to replace the water lost due to evaporation each day, posting photo's once my phone has charged enough to hook up :)

Photos!

IMG_0544.jpgIMG_0573.jpgIMG_0580.jpgIMG_0583.jpgIMG_0591.jpg

Ill be finished in a few days, I'll keep everyone posted :)

Last edited:
Frogs are all finished now and I have a photo of my four enclosures all set up :)

IMG_0596.jpgIMG_0602.jpg

Man, those setups look amazing! What are all the herps in your collection now?

Man they all look soo great !, love the two baby water dragons tank, love the idea of live fish ! I wish i was good at DIY :(

bit of time and practise is all that is required for DIY BenjiBoy, in my case a huge dose of pig-headed-ness helped too.

I agree with Jax, time and pig-headedness :)
I've currently got: 1 marbled gecko (sticky), 2 thick tailed gecko's, 5 Eastern Australian Water Dragons, 2 Jacky Dragons (Pike and Spike) 1 Eastern Australian Water Skink (Flash), 1 Yellow Phase Centralian Bearded Dragon (Bdee) and 3 Perron's Tree Frogs (The Three Musketeers)
Thanks for all the positive comments on this thread guys, I was just chatting to Fay (mod) about how nice everyone on APS is :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back