Woma vs wheatbelt stimson

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no "VS". They are 2 totally different animals, but IMO womas win hand down. That said I have no experience with the smaller snakes...

Both snakes look great, both handle well and both have a personality but IMO Woma :)
I have two there great snakes :)

Both snakes look great, both handle well and both have a personality but IMO Woma :)
I have two there great snakes :)

- - - Updated - - -

But its all up to you what you think looks better and what you want, stimsons are a lot smaller snake tho and a woma is a medium sized snake your choice mate

But its all up to you what you think looks better and what you want, stimsons are a lot smaller snake tho and a woma is a medium sized snake your choice mate

I may be wrong here, but on of the locales (SA i think) gets quite a bit larger don't they?

DrDittz, you also have to take into consideration that in some states woma's aren't available on a basic licence either. Your info doesn't say what state you are in though.

When i first saw Woma's i thought they were the ugliest snakes, but over time i fell in love and then when i finally got mine I was absolutely smitten (still am). They have the greatest temperament, are interesting to watch as they are quite active and they are definitely the comedians of the snake world!

Yeah Sezzzzzzzzz SA womas grow bigger than the others and don't look as good either i own NT tanami there beautiful :) and i am breeding them this yeah and female refused her food the other day so a very good sign she is pregs so I'm pretty stocked can't wait for some little baby womas to come along :)
Yeah and Sezzzzzzzzz is right about the state thing when i first went to buy my womas it said advanced license and then i asked and in nsw there on the basic what state are you in DrDittz?

i own NT tanami there beautiful :) and i am breeding them this yeah and female refused her food the other day so a very good sign she is pregs so I'm pretty stocked can't wait for some little baby womas to come along :)

thats awesome news Caleb!!!

Worm is an NT locale too.

Just cos i love showing him off here he is DrDittz, Womas seriously are awesome.... Apparenently they are terrestrial, but someone forgpt to tell Worm. He loves climbing!!!!

P8300261.jpgP8300262-001.jpgP8290189.jpgP8270157.jpg

As far as temperament goes I couldnt ask for a sweeter snake. My 3 yr old daughter grabs him out all the time (supervised of course) but she can touch his head and everything without him ever having once looked like snapping!

At this point i have no interest in breeding. I would like to learn ALOT more bout reps before I even think about it. Maybe one day.

yeah he is male!

I have a little Wheatie and he is amazing. Very friendly, beautiful colours and great to handle (even with kids). He even comes up to the glass when I'm around to come out and is quite happy just to chill out on my shoulders for ages.

They are two totally different species though and it really comes down to what you prefer, Woma's will grow bigger so it depends what you're comfortable with and I guess what you have space for.

Draw.....
and then you add into the equation the way a woma wiggles its tail and bobs its head and they take the lead:)

op if you want a smaller snake go with the stimmi , but if you dont mind a slightly larger snake , nothing major though then go with the womas remember if you get a hatchie you will build your confidence as it grows also they do awesome little things like burrowing , sometimes not in the best spot my boys made a habit of burrowing under his waterbowl , also as mentioned their feeding response , although you might get one like my female who just casually takes the rat , no wiggles or anything :)

Price mate, thats also a difference. Size. Many factors that need to be considered.

Price mate, thats also a difference. Size. Many factors that need to be considered.

there doesnt seem to be much difference in the (hatchy) price between womas and wheatbelt's, $300-$350 for woma hatchies and about $250-$300 for wheatbelts. (That was after a super quick google and look through adds on here.)

The biggest differences cost wise, are the size of the enclosure you will need to get and the rats/mice you'll need to feed.

As skelhorn said there is lots to consider, but either of the snakes you like are great and chances are you will change your mind 100 times over before you get one anyway!!!lol

Worm is an NT locale too.

Apparenently they are terrestrial, but someone forgpt to tell Worm. He loves climbing!!!!

View attachment 264123View attachment 264124View attachment 264125View attachment 264127

Mine is the same I to lower his branch because he always falls off.

Got to love the character when they are about to feed. Very food oriented I'm sure mine would eat until he exploded. I recently put my Woma in a new enclosure with sand subsrate and I thought he went missing until I waved my hand over the back of the enclosure near some rocks and Wham I found my Woma or he found me. If I want to get him out now and I cant see him I use a small hand towel and he attaches himself to that with his mouth. He lets it go when he realises it's not food and it's time for some sun in the yard.

My money is on the Woma. Great snake with personality.

It seems womas are one of the strongest followed pythons on here, Anyone with one is quick to show them off and tell you how great they are which is a great thing.
In the process of building a x stack enclosure so i think i may be able to find a spot for them both :p

there doesnt seem to be much difference in the (hatchy) price between womas and wheatbelt's, $300-$350 for woma hatchies and about $250-$300 for wheatbelts. (That was after a super quick google and look through adds on here.)

I do agree...However $300 for a wheatbelt is a fair bit over priced, I did see them for moreso around the $200 a while ago. A good patterned Tanami Woma however can fetch $400+ so can be double. If you had a budget and size was an issue then in the long run a stimson will be cheaper. Smaller tank, smaller heating area, smaller food, etc etc etc the list goes on!

Either way they are both beautiful snakes, I have Stimsons. They are perfect natured, never ever had an issue, I do however Love womas and want two but at the point in time (for an extremely nice patterned pair) I do not have the funds or the room :p

Enjoy tho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back