What is a reasonable price for a breeding trio of shingleacks?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindy

Reaction score
I have seen a breeding trio and I am fairly interested they are $500. Is that a decent price?
Also, what price do the young sell for?

From my experience as The HerpTrader, I feel that is a good asking price.
Shingle backs do not come up for sale often...for example a 3yr old female (listed on The HerpTrader last Sept) sold in 1 day at an asking price of $250.
I have seen the babies listed between $150 to $200 each.
In August 2011 a 4month old pair was listed at $350 for the pair and sold in approx 20 days.
Hope this was of some help. They are such an awesome lizard! :D

Breeding trio? Shinglebacks generally form a relationship with their partner and stay as a 'couple' for long periods of time... is it a MFF trio? You may be disappointed when only one of the pairs mates.

That being said, yes that's a great price. I paid $300 for my 18 month old Shingleback.

Breeding trio? Shinglebacks generally form a relationship with their partner and stay as a 'couple' for long periods of time... is it a MFF trio? You may be disappointed when only one of the pairs mates.

That being said, yes that's a great price. I paid $300 for my 18 month old Shingleback.

Here we go again with that old furphy!

I have been keeping and breeding shinglebacks for 35 years and have had no problems mating 1 male with upto 4 females, all females delivering live young. They are like all males, opportunists, and will mate with any given female.

If you look at the wild populations at this time of the year you will find 1 female being persued by mutiple males ( most we have observed is 7) The most persistant will prevale!

They said they will give me a deffinant pair for $300.
But I cant convince dad..
How can I convince him? :? haha

They said they will give me a deffinant pair for $300.
But I cant convince dad..
How can I convince him? :? haha

tell him there is studies showing a far lower chance of getting into hard drugs and winding up homeless if you have the pair. Ive actually done this study and out of the person i asked with shinglebacks 0% are homeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back