Lace monitor hatchlings

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had no luck using the transillumination technique on lacie hatchlings. It's not a size issue, but the presence of an opaque black band covering the exact area of interest. I've yet to try it with a second set of hands, though, so perhaps if I can get someone to give me a hand with the squirming hatchling and light such that absolutely no light escapes around the tail the light may be strong enough to penetrate the black and show something?

Where did you get your adults? Bonnett?

I Got the male from Danial Cull when he was a hatchie and the female from a mate when she was a couple years old but I'm not sure where he got her.

I've had no luck using the transillumination technique on lacie hatchlings. It's not a size issue, but the presence of an opaque black band covering the exact area of interest. I've yet to try it with a second set of hands, though, so perhaps if I can get someone to give me a hand with the squirming hatchling and light such that absolutely no light escapes around the tail the light may be strong enough to penetrate the black and show something?

That's right, I never even thought about that but there would be a solid black band right in the way. Either way I'm happy to volunteer a second pair of hands if you'd like? It would be great to give it ago and see it done first hand. It'd definitely be worth the time and effort if we could get it to work.

Some more pics taken with my phone then cropped and brightened using Picasa3 because they were crap quality :)
As I'm sure you can imagine they dont want to sit still, they just want to hide.

Last edited:
Do you have to have any heating during winter/summer in their outdoor enclosure? Or do you just keep it natural?

Congrats on your gorgeous little guys ;) Good luck with them mate, wish you all the best!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back