Sexing Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sasse321

Reaction score
I have two Jungle Carpet Pythons and i don't know what sex they are.
I want to know their sex but i don't want to find out by means of an invasive or potentially harmful method (probing, popping), so i was wondering if anyone knows of any other methods that i can find out their sex?
Cheers

Be warned, they will try to eat your hand

Pop a bieber song on, the one that's not vomiting is the male. If neither are vomiting, you have two females, or a male who won't breed with a female.

yep 100% probe ,bieber method will only kill your snakes:lol:

Find someone experienced to do it for you, probing is easy and safe if the person has half a brain and is experienced

There are small clues but if you want a definite answer I'd find an experienced vet or breeder to probe.
As for the spurs, can someone explain to me as to whether they have to be of a certain age because I have a male and I had a look at his last shed and he doesn't seem to have them.

Spurs are not always visible on the shed, so a lack of these is not definitive.

I would not worry about animals being hurt by expert probing. When done properly, they are more disturbed by being held still than by the probe itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back