Wheels of the Bus!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imported_Varanus

This ranks up there with some of the strangest relocations. A Coastal Carpet that arrived in the Coles carpark, Armidale today, literally in the wheel of a camper van that left from Coffs harbour early this morning.

Poor little fella, all covered in brake pad powder! We're still trying to work out how many revolutions there might be in 190K's?!!

No injuries, fortunately:). Except probably a headache and a bit of dehydration.

Attachments

• Coastal Carpet from Coffs! 008 [1600x1200].jpg
    Coastal Carpet from Coffs! 008 [1600x1200].jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Coastal Carpet from Coffs! 010 [1600x1200].jpg
    Coastal Carpet from Coffs! 010 [1600x1200].jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 145
  • Coastal Carpet from Coffs! 012 [1600x1200].jpg
    Coastal Carpet from Coffs! 012 [1600x1200].jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 131
looking at roughly 105000 revolutions of the wheel over 190kms haha, lucky it came out ok at the other end!

poor guy :( did anyone get to keep it???? i call firsrt dibs, lol!

justdragons - he's not that far from home armidale nsw to coffs harbour is only a few hours drive if you drive slowly(as it is through alot of windy hilly roads ) , so id say the op will just organise a lift back for the little guy unless theres a reason to keep it :)

It should be soup after that, what a lucky snake, how did it get in the wheel, was it in the hubcap? or around the axle?
Looks healthy though

Yes, not positive that it spent it's whole time there, but between the solid outer wheel and a steel hub cap when first noticed. Someone reported seeing it going round and round when the bus was driven across the carpark. Otherwise he might have been off somewhere else! Pretty keen to get out BTW:)!

Spot on Thomassssss, that's my preferred option as we have a definate point of departure, but anything could happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
where in coffs did he come from? just curious because im from mullaway , there starting to get alot more active down here , hopefully the a few more will stop in at my place this year , they always do as my house backs onto national parks so theres a few around , that boys got an interesting pattern 2 imo

where in coffs did he come from? just curious because im from mullaway , there starting to get alot more active down here , hopefully the a few more will stop in at my place this year , they always do as my house backs onto national parks so theres a few around , that boys got an interesting pattern 2 imo

"Barracuda Backpackers"; at least that's where the van was parked most of the time and last night. Very yellow underbelly and "undercoat" compared to some I have seen. Quiet a speccie little beastie.

Wow, he woulda been pretty dizzy. I wonder if they wriggle funny when they are dizzy?

Good point, Darlyn...I'm off to check:)! Might call him "Sean":)!

Wow, he woulda been pretty dizzy. I wonder if they wriggle funny when they are dizzy?

One of the local ways of dealing with vens they dont want to kill but want to remove is to pick them up by the tail and swing them around and around.......
They become totally disoriented and have no interest in striking so can be easily put in a bag afterwards

A few feeding quickies (still looking for a lift to Coffs?!). Don't focus to hard on the second one, it'll give you a migraine.

Attachments

• relocation feeding 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    relocation feeding 002 [1600x1200].jpg
    156 KB · Views: 35
  • relocation feeding 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    relocation feeding 005 [1600x1200].jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 21
i could always ask my sister if any of her friends are coming down anytime soon if youd like , she used to live up there theres also a lady that has a holiday house across the road from me that lives on property near armidale but she doesnt come down much anymore

Thanks Thomassss, much appreciated:)! We're a bit stumped here ATM.

righto, her friend had a kid recently so shes been going up their a bit herself lately so something might work out ill give her a ring tomorrow as id say shes probably gone out tonight :)

righto, her friend had a kid recently so shes been going up their a bit herself lately so something might work out ill give her a ring tomorrow as id say shes probably gone out tonight :)

Thanks mate; no rush at this end, I don't mind hanging on to it for a while:).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back