I love Pelicans!!! A new start in my new coasty life......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sezzzzzzzzz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I took Tilly down to The Entrance today so she could have a swim and play in the park cause it was such a beautiful day. We ended up still being there at 3:30 when they hold the pelican feeding daily.

These volunteers do a fantastic job keeping an eye out for any injured pelicans, they know alot of them by sight, and they give a really informative talk whilst feeding them.

I love these majestic birds, I always have, but even more so because they are just so damned photogenic!!

P9040018.jpg
P9040082.jpg
P9040046.jpg
P9040040.jpg
P9040036.jpg
P9040038.jpg

Oh... I almodt forgot the point of this thread!!! Next Wednesday I start as a volunteer pelican feeder!!!!

Love those birds. Such an awesome creature.

Stand under a pole they are sitting on and see if you still love them 20 minutes later

Hi Sez,

Pelicans are a great bird, untill my grandmother and her friend go for a walk along water (saratoga) with their little yap yap thing,
and the pelican thinks it's lunch and chops down on it and fly's off with it, leed and all.

So yes now i love them more.

Cheers, leigh

Hi Sez,

Pelicans are a great bird, untill my grandmother and her friend go for a walk along water (saratoga) with their little yap yap thing,
and the pelican thinks it's lunch and chops down on it and fly's off with it, leed and all.

So yes now i love them more.

Cheers, leigh

Lol, I will remember not to take rosie with me then! lmfao.

Stand under a pole they are sitting on and see if you still love them 20 minutes later

No poles around there luckily enough!!!

they are a mysterious and majestic bird .
Mysterious in their breeding ( although now we do know that they go inland to nest -- thats why you never see young around the coast )
Majestic in their gliding in thermals around minamurra and shell harbour is a special

i havent been down that way, but i think they are amazing wherever they go, especially when they are in a big group...

at about 2:30 every afternoon here they make there way to a sand bank opposite where they get fed. The flock gradually grows until the whole sand bank is full and then they fly and swim over at about 3:15 and then as soon as they see the table come out there up on the feeding area.

You are insane. Pelicans are the spawn of the devil. Also, they are evil and terrifying. Look at their eyes!! Their blank, soulless eyes!!!

I have to agree with sezzzz that the eyes on a pelican are amazing they almost look like someone's drawn them on. It's so cool

There is nothing you could possibly say or do to change my mind. Creepy and terrifying.

pelicans are cool , i remember when i was about 11 , i was fishing up near iluka i got a fish and was reeling it in when a near by pelican decided he was going to swoop down and take my fish , next thing i end up flying a bloody pelican like a kite , ill admit i found it kinda funny (i was young)but was also worried for the bird and didn't want to just cut the line so i managed to get it to the shore , got a few meters away from it a it just coughed up my fish line attached and all , i think the thing just didn't want to loose a meal until it absolutely had to lucky though because i didnt have a clue what i was going to do to get it out

goodluck with the volunteer work sezzzzzzzzzz

For some reason, while growing up in NZ, I was under the impression that pelicans were about the size of a Kookaburra lmao. Then I moved to SA and saw one... I love them! It was so much better to find out just how huge they are!

Evil things eat poodles :lol:

They also try to eat babies!! :lol: When my little miss 10 was only a toddler, one opened & closed its 'mouth' right over the top of her head. She is still terrified of them today!!

- - - Updated - - -

I am happier then i have been for years. We all are :D

Great news that u are all loving life though Sarah xo

They also try to eat babies!! :lol: When my little miss 10 was only a toddler, one opened & closed its 'mouth' right over the top of her head. She is still terrified of them today!!

Great news that u are all loving life though Sarah xo

oh bel im so sorry, but PMSL!!!! Too funny,

life is great!

- - - Updated - - -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back