Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the dodgy phone pics of my 2. The first is pic is slightly yellower than it should be, the second is washed out by the flash. The 3rd is there home as it is at the moment.

Salmisra.jpg sadi.jpg Snake tank.jpg

Elder daughter with her new tie!
Niamh Tie.jpg

And when she was younger and hungrier!
Hungry!.jpg

I'm not certain what they are other than being Stimsons. Any suggestions? I'd like to know, so I can make their habitat as natural for them as possible.

I was told when I bought them that they had been tentatively identified as a male & a female, but how can I find out easily? They are now approaching 2 years old, (they were a few months old when I got them around March 2010). The larger is ~90cm the smaller ~75-80cm. Currently feeding them on weaner mice, but might go up a size soon.

I would move them straight up to adult mice or fuzzy rats.
Lovely snakes

Here's a couple of gravid Stimmies.

Wheatbelt all swollen

bu3e6y6a.jpg

Tibooburra belly up

5ubu2y2y.jpg

Childreni I am letting maternally incubate. This will be my first time trying this.

esezugup.jpg

Great wheaty Jay....where did u originally purchase or origin?

Thanks Hayden, all is looking good so far at 2 weeks in.

Ozimid, the Wheaties are originally from Snakeranch but I purchased from their previous owner.

Pygmy stimson,10 eggs.More clutches of different antaresia still to come.Already have Elcho childrens,Georgetown stimmies and Het macs cooking in incubator.

Attachments

• snakes 301.jpg
    snakes 301.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 98
  • snakes 300.jpg
    snakes 300.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 91
  • snakes 302.jpg
    snakes 302.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 97
Pygmy stimson,10 eggs.More clutches of different antaresia still to come.Already have Elcho childrens,Georgetown stimmies and Het macs cooking in incubator.

I like the childreni too Jay! Big clutch?

Lachesis, is that a het to het pairing? I cannot wait to see some actual albino macs hatch....

Killimike,they are Het x Het,so will have to wait and see if i get any albinos

Joining the club

After keeping a beardie and a couple of shinglebacks for a year I have finally convinced the leader of the opposition to add a snake to the collection. So we now enjoy the company of Simpson the Stimson's python. Currently keeping it in a click clack with some aspen and a heat pad at one end. A very curious snake who loves getting out and about. Fed for the first time with us today. Grabbed the mouse by the head and had it down within 10 minutes.
2012-09-10094500.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I agree actually hatchies as far as the eye can see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W e had the happy delivery of 13 good looking stimsons eggs on saturday morning
Here we go on our first breeding adventure :D

Yeah I agree actually hatchies as far as the eye can see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W e had the happy delivery of 13 good looking stimsons eggs on saturday morning
Here we go on our first breeding adventure :D

Best of luck brother! I am yet to enter the reptile breeding world but one day I would like to experience it. Keep us updated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back