Woma ovulated but didnt mate......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
testing out the nest box.....

Attachments

• IMG_6511.jpg
    IMG_6511.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 226
In theory, she choose to use the stored sperm, so hopefully that means she feel healthy enough to lay successfully. I hope all goes well, keep us posted, it is an interesting situation.

first two eggs out this morning with no dramas - one looks like its infertile, but the 2nd looks to have plenty of veins in it. Still a few to go by the looks of things......

and unrelated but a little whip snake i saw hiding under our jacaranda while I had the camera with me!:lol:

Attachments

• IMG_6512.JPG
    IMG_6512.JPG
    241.3 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_6515.JPG
    IMG_6515.JPG
    216.8 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_6517.JPG
    IMG_6517.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_6522.JPG
    IMG_6522.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_6528.JPG
    IMG_6528.JPG
    245.3 KB · Views: 267
Well there you go, woma's can retain sperm and use it years down the track. I find this very interesting, as I can't believe the sperm could stay alive that long.

good stuff dave. hopefully the slug that came out is the retained egg from last season.

I will be round with 2 of my smartest friends with Frankincense, Gold and Myrrh.
2013 years ago a group of people started the richest company in the world on a virgin birth so i say lets start one of our own..
i will start on the story book now about this amazing and unexplainable event..

she laid 6 in total so far - there is at least one or two still in there that she hasnt laid. Will see what happens overnight with her.....

was not expected or planned at all.....she will get rested again next year so hopefully nothing happens then and she can get a year off to rest and recover!

haha. Good luck with incubation, keep us updated. I wanna see cute little baby womas in 2 months :D

she popped one more out this morning and there is still one to go but she doesnt seem too interested in trying to get it out at the moment....the one from this morning doesnt seem to be fertile but will see what happens.

I will be round with 2 of my smartest friends with Frankincense, Gold and Myrrh.
2013 years ago a group of people started the richest company in the world on a virgin birth so i say lets start one of our own..
i will start on the story book now about this amazing and unexplainable event..

Very witty, thanks for a belly laugh : )

Good luck with her deebo and the youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back