Compact UV Globes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nephrurus1

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at what options in the form of compact uv globes are available and would be suitable for Beardies. Exoterra have a compact uv globe known as a ReptiGlo10 (10% output is UVB). However, info on their website suggests that for optimal results it should be combined with a high visual light output globe (which they recommend using their ReptiGlo2). Is this necessary, or it is just a company trying to increase sales? According to the specs for the ReptiGlo10 (provide on the Exoterra website) it also provides UVA, aspects of the visual spectrum and Infrared. On this basis, it would seem the one globe has everything covered??
Would be interested to hear what others think?
Alternatively, is there another brand of compact UV globe that anyone uses for Beardies and would recommend
Thanks
Phil

beardies do much better in well lit enclosures,...a $3 reflector globe from bunnings for heat and a good reptile UVB source is all you need.
i use 60 watt globes in summer, 100 watts in winter,..perfect temps in 4x2x2 foot wooden enclosures. (the only enclosures i find thermostats unnecessary in)

ive heard too many bad things about the compacts to use them myself, (eye troubles mostly) i prefer the tubes, reptiglo also make 10% UVBs in tube form.

beardies do much better in well lit enclosures,...a $3 reflector globe from bunnings for heat and a good reptile UVB source is all you need.
i use 60 watt globes in summer, 100 watts in winter,..perfect temps in 4x2x2 foot wooden enclosures. (the only enclosures i find thermostats unnecessary in)

ive heard too many bad things about the compacts to use them myself, (eye troubles mostly) i prefer the tubes, reptiglo also make 10% UVBs in tube form.

Hi Chris, do you mind me asking what type (brand) of UVB tube you use for your beardies?

these days mine mostly get their UV exposure from the sun, i have great windowsills where they can sun safely. (behind just the flyscreens since UVB doesnt penetrate glass)

for those times where the weather doesnt allow that, i have a 2 foot repti glo 10 tube in an enclosure that they take turns in,...its rare that i use it at all though.

i used those tubes regularly when raising dragons from hatchy size with no real sun exposure and had no problems with them.

It think they may have sorted out the eye issue with the compacts, but that being said I use tubes as well, just incase. I use Reptiglo 10.0 tubes

Appreciate the comments. Think I will stick with a UVB (10) tube instead of the compact globe :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back