30 litre tub?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptinate

Reaction score
Hey,
I'm trying to find a 30 or so litre clear tub, with a flat bottom. I can not find one. I was going to use the Starmaid one, but they don't have a completely flat bottom. Anyone know a brand or place I can get one?

Thanks

reject shop have huge ones at the moment with flat bottoms!

- - - Updated - - -

Yep reject shop is where I got mine or you can try Bunnings .

I use starmaid tub, the lack of a flat bottom isn't an issue for me, What's it for? large click clack style setup? I have no issue getting the right temps using heatmats and these tubs

Yeah, I looked in the reject shop. They had flat bottoms, but the lids didn't click on, so I wasn't sure if they were suitable. Looked in Bunnings too. Couldn't find any, besides one that was 30 bucks! Can ya think of anywhere else? Does anyone use the Starmaid ones?

Yeah, I looked in the reject shop. They had flat bottoms, but the lids didn't click on, so I wasn't sure if they were suitable. Looked in Bunnings too. Couldn't find any, besides one that was 30 bucks! Can ya think of anywhere else? Does anyone use the Starmaid ones?

- - - Updated - - -

I use starmaid tub, the lack of a flat bottom isn't an issue for me, What's it for? large click clack style setup? I have no issue getting the right temps using heatmats and these tubs

Yeah, it's for my bredli. I thought the heat on the bottom wouldn't be consistent with the starmaid ones because of the shape of the bottom. And the hide and water bowl would sit crooked. No issues like that with your ones? I might just give them ago if they still work fine.

Last edited:
office works have got up to 90liter with flat bottoms for about $15 last time i checked.

Yeah, it's for my bredli. I thought the heat on the bottom wouldn't be consistent with the starmaid ones because of the shape of the bottom. And the hide and water bowl would sit crooked. No issues like that with your ones? I might just give them ago if they still work fine.

The way I have mine setup is I have a long floor tile 60x30 mainly to protect the table, then the heat mat and have 2 15x15 wall tiles between the heat mat the the tub. The tiles help diffuse the heat and give a much more stable/consistent heat. This setup gives me a slight temp gradient within the hot end, not just a hot end and a cold end. Might not be how other do it but it works a treat for me

Here you go pictures worth a thousand words

P1040420 (800x399).jpg

Forgot to add I have a small piece of tile under the cool end just to keep the tub level

i have used starmaid tubs in the past , i put 2 tiles under the tub [ in the recesesd area under the tub] and it worked great . i had no issues with the tub bottom geting up to temp .

Nice setup, leamos. What do you use as substrate? That's a good idea, jas101. The inside of the tub is still not flat though, which is a problem. Haven't checked out office works yet. Thanks for the help people.

Nice setup, leamos. What do you use as substrate? That's a good idea, jas101. The inside of the tub is still not flat though, which is a problem. Haven't checked out office works yet. Thanks for the help people.

If you get a loose substrate and even it out it will be :)

Super cheap have flat bottom tubs with lids less then $30 last time I got a heap from there when we needed them.

my local woolies have the starmaid tubs at 50% off atm if you decide to go with that option, IMO the slightly uneven/indented base is a small price to pay for the double lipped lids making them alot more escape proof then the cheap tubs from $2 shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back