Reptile licence question.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lochie

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I currently have a recreation wildlife license in Queensland that limits me to two reptiles.

I have currently got two reptiles and in the "nearish" future want to get more.

I also want to start breeding on a very small scale as a hobby more than a money thing as i really enjoy reptiles ever since i grew up in a remote country town.

So what I was wondering basically is how do i go about "upgrading" my licence. Getting the license i have now was a total joke, I filled out a form paid and got an email with in 30 seconds of payment.
I was actually upset that there wasn't a screening process; rather a fee to own reptiles, which doesn't actually have anything to do with being competent enough to care for a reptile.
So after that I cant really imagine it being too much of a hassle.

So does anyone know how i got about this,

PS, I live in queensland.

Cheers as always,

Lochie

As far as I know it's juz as simple as you mentioned....filling out the form & paying.

The recreational licence allows you to own and breed as many reptiles as you like that are not on the restricted species list. There are not many species on the restricted list so depending on what you have and are after, you should have no problem with your current licence.

Awesome, I must have misread the license information.
I'm excited now:)

Thanks guys,

I think it's GTP's and Woma's that are on the restricted python list other than that you can have as many pythons as you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back