What does he/she eat?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
On APS we are a community from all over Australia and in some cases, the rest of the world with various ideas and practices on what's best for our scales friends. I tried a search and either missed it or just lucked out, but I'm interested to know what you guys and gals feed you bearded dragons and bluetongues?

I have read a fair bit on what the experts say should and shouldn't be fed and it seems like there is a fair bit of disagreement out there, so decided to pose the question to those that keep these little critters and treat them as pets rather than experiments.

My Bluetongue always has a bowl of lizard food but also gets veges and mince on alternating days.

My bearded dragon gets dusted crickets or mealworms on a 3 day rotation. He also gets fresh veges daily with some fruit sometimes thrown in.

Veges and fruit that is cut up and offered regularly is always a mixture of lettuce, carrot,tomato, buc choi, capsicum, mushroom, grapes, apple and pear.

Well, that's all from here, but what about you guys?

my beardie always has bearded dragon diet food in her cage and she eats a little bit but doesent love it. I give my bearded dragons a mix of bok choy, bannanas and carrot and they love the carrot, sometimes i chuck in oher types but thats the main diet.
Every 2 days they get about 5-10 woodies depending on character and moods on the day and once a week i dust the food

have heard normal lettuce can give them the runs. Feeding mine crix of an afternoon. In the mornings gets a salad of bok choy,endives,yellow squash, sweet potato and some fruit thrown in. Mine loves the squash and sweet potato

Never thought of sweet potatoes and squash, will have to try it.. Thanks dangles

My 2 get crickets, woodies and meal worms. Only twice a week for the meal worms though. They love Hibiscus flowers and a random mix of fruit or vegies what ever we have on hand at the time. I also have some of that packet bearded dragon food which is always on offer but I have only ever seen the girl eat it very randomly.

I am only new to keeping dragons so this will be an interesting topic.

my blue tongue eats dog food or minced meat mixed with sweet potato, cabbage, carrot, assorted greens and a little bit of oats. Also once every 2-3 weeks i will give him a snail as a treat :)

I am only new to keeping dragons so this will be an interesting topic.

Thanks Malibu, that's the plan of this thread. There is a big community who have hands on practice and various ideas on what's good for their pets and it would be fantastic to see some of that knowledge shared.

Im new to the dragon scene too, but I love the little buggers even though they belong to my wife "apparently" :)

I feed my bearded every second day. I feed him a mix of things. Dark green lettuce, broccoli, bok choy, carrots, celery, squash, sweet potato, apple, banana, strawberries, watermelon, blueberries, grapes, egg, crickets, mealworms, grasshoppers, silkworms. I feed my shinglebacks the same.

My beardy mainly eats my finger's and hand's. Sometime's Crickets bok choy,carrot,etc.....

My beardy mainly eats my finger's and hand's. Sometime's Crickets bok choy,carrot,etc.....
Glad it's not just me. The worst thing about it seems to be that it's almost deliberate.

I feed my bluey about 60% vegetables 30% fruit and 10% meat, this is around what I have seen almost everyone on the Internet feed their bluey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back