a new addition to the site?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeannine

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
ive just logged in and notice i had '49 notifications' im thinking what the heck !!!!!!!

when i clicked on it it said '49 quotes' so i go see whats going on and it seems to be a page now dedicated to all the times someone has quoted me

this is something new and is it really needed? seems like its just going to clutter up the notification section

- - - Updated - - -

just noticed an now bumped older thread about this

is there anyway to STOP getting these notifications personally i dont need to see where i have been quoted or by whom

i was thinking similar things PMyers :lol:

apparently some like it and some dont, just curious if it can be turned off if users dont want it

Hahahaha Yeah I had 116 this morning and was like W..T...F....Mr Popular here :p Oh well, not actually the case hahaha!

ive just logged in and notice i had '49 notifications' im thinking what the heck !!!!!!!

when i clicked on it it said '49 quotes' so i go see whats going on and it seems to be a page now dedicated to all the times someone has quoted me

this is something new and is it really needed? seems like its just going to clutter up the notification section

- - - Updated - - -

just noticed an now bumped older thread about this

is there anyway to STOP getting these notifications personally i dont need to see where i have been quoted or by whom

/

Calm down Jeannine, its only because you have a back log of them, you will hardly notice it now they are gone

I don't mind it. If somebody has quoted you it could be with questions, or it may be a statement that needs to be addressed, handy overall really once the backlog is cleared.

I had exactly the same reaction as Jeannine and for very similar reasons. Does that mean I need to "calm down" as well?

Blue

I think it's a good thing, so you are on top of people "asking questions"
As stated it must include every post that has been quoted so clear the backlog and it should be easier to manage.....

i personally like it and cant see what people problems are , other than maybe they though they were popular then realise there not

when i click on the notifications tab , normally another tab appears under neath it (doesnt happen if there isnt anything new in each field) , this will have (x) amount of likes then (x)amount of pm then (x) amount of quotes etc , so imo it really isnt that hard to tell the difference of which one you want to go to , simply clear the back log and i think it will work well personally

i hope it stays :)

ah aps,
where the littlest of deals turn out to be disasters

- - - Updated - - -

OMG JOSH YOU JUST GAVE ME A NOTIFICATION GRRRR

i dont think i have anything to 'calm down' over, i simply requested is there anyway to turn it off, i cant see why its needed, if your curious to find out if anyone posted a quote of yours, asked a question, etc its just as easy to go to the threads you last posted in, having the notifications is the same thing just a different course

NOT everyone wants something surely we have the right to decide what we do and dont want?

yes they have disappeared but didnt until i looked at them, no i didnt bother reading i simply opened the thread counted to 10 and closed it again

each to their own ive already stated some will like it others wont but it seems those of us who dont like it need to 'calm down' :rolleyes:

and just because you might have gotten hundreds of notifications doesnt mean your 'popular' same as if you only get a couple doesnt mean your not popular either

i dont think i have anything to 'calm down' over, i simply requested is there anyway to turn it off, i cant see why its needed, if your curious to find out if anyone posted a quote of yours, asked a question, etc its just as easy to go to the threads you last posted in, having the notifications is the same thing just a different course

NOT everyone wants something surely we have the right to decide what we do and dont want?

yes they have disappeared but didnt until i looked at them, no i didnt bother reading i simply opened the thread counted to 10 and closed it again

each to their own ive already stated some will like it others wont but it seems those of us who dont like it need to 'calm down' :rolleyes:

and just because you might have gotten hundreds of notifications doesnt mean your 'popular' same as if you only get a couple doesnt mean your not popular either

Oh calm down, I hardly meant any disrespect..

And having to check every single thread I have ever posted in isnt really feasible, that's why I requested this function

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back