Ackie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pthechemist

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
My Ackie is being very illusive and will often go unseen for days. He tends to hide under his stack. Any ideas or is this normal. Air temp in tank is about 34 in the middle of his 4ft

Thanks
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

- - - Updated - - -

Extra info...

Has a basking light over the stack and a ceramic which is never on due to residual air temp and basking spot. He eats happily off tongs but only when he is out and the only way that happens is if I disturb him deliberately. I've never seem him bask on his stack either.

Any advice greatly appreciated,

Phil

Last edited:
How long have you had him? Is he settling into a new enclosure? How old is he? What's the temperature of his basking spot? Maybe take a picture of his enclosure too, a picture speaks a thousand words!

If the ambient temp inside the tank is high he will not need to come out and bask as often to keep his metabolism going. If you drop it to about 29 oc he will use his basking site more often , i went through the same thing with mine. The trick is a very well ventilated cage so the ambient temp does not get too high due to a very hot basking spot 50-60 oC . hope this makes sense.

Here is my setup

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0068_BURST002.jpg

I don't think I see any vents? Maybe it wasn't captured in the picture but if your ambient temperature is so high try reducing the wattage of your bulb and raising the height of your stacks.

There are vents at either end but I'll look at putting more in. The air temp in the room is high so he prob doesn't need to bask like you say.
Thanks

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back