Wildlife carer Brisbane southside

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andynic07

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
When I dropped my workmate off at his house he was showing me his new dog and we found that it had attacked and injured a blue tongue lizard in his yard . He grabbed the dog and got me to look after the lizard, it is still alive but looks like it has lost both its eyes and is bleeding from a gash in its mouth. I was just wondering what the chances would be of recovery and if anyone knew where to take it for care around the southside of Brisbane.

If you ring your local vet they will know someone in the local area that can help.

mate give me a call- Graeme 0467 901 993
Im at crestmead, snake catcher and rehabilitaion permits.

Sorry Graeme I have just raced him down to Marsden Vets. They have assessed him and one eye was totally gone the other hanging out and his mouth was a mess, they thought it was best to put him down. If you do not mind I will save your number for if anything else comes up.

thanks again andy, its great to see people like yourself that give a dam, I was called to rescue a large eastern water dragon today that had been badly injured by a machinery being used on clearing a new estate, there should have been a spotter catcher there, but the guy running the show didnt give a stuff about it. Real shame, she also had to be euthanized, proberly would have been saved if they had of called me when they had hit it instead of waiting till the following day.

I also have a rehab license (reptiles) and am in inala:) But taking it to your vet is prob the best thing, vet clinics do have numbers of wildlife carers and contact them if there is a chance the animal can eventually be released.

Thanks guys good to know there are people around that I could call on if needed. I work for Energex and sometimes come across reptiles (mainly snakes) that need to be either relocated or rehabilitated from our sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back