Blue Phase Tree Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
very cool! are the blue phase bred often? would love to get my hands on them

Mine is allegedly "Male" but that is far from certain.
I am feeding him on fish, one platy every 5 days or so. He typically won't eat if I am in the room, but once caught the fish while I was trying to put him back into his enclosure...

So a very good feeder, but also very flighty. Great fun though, keeps me on my toes :D

I looked at them at the expo and they poped one to show me it was male (if they are the same ones)

I was really tempted but I didn't have the cash at the time.

I have a female that I would love to breed if yours is male and your interested in the future.

` 161.jpg

Ps hope this post works as it is my first attempt

Nice snake Jay! the black and blue looks good.

Not sure about breeding, but it is something I would consider. Will have to track ytou down when mine is bigger...

Nice snake Jay! the black and blue looks good.

Not sure about breeding, but it is something I would consider. Will have to track you down when mine is bigger...

No problems, I'm still hoping to find a male but they are few and far between. Also need to have the cash at the time lol.

They settle down really well, mine comes up to the glass when I approach hoping to get fed, have to be quick to get the fish in the water or she tries to take it out of my fingers.

AmazingAmazon has some I hink - I noticed that they're selling all sorts of Tree Snakes - The Common, Green, Blue Green, and they're pretty darn kool :)

I love these snakes and especially the blue colour phase.

So just how fast are they? Are they impossibly hard to catch if you put one down on the floor? Are they a snake you would rarely handle, for this reason?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Hannaz,

I keep mine in a click lcak style tub currently. When I need to clean him out/feed etc, I carry the tub to the bathroom, place it in the bath, close the door and make sure the plug is in the hole before I open it. He would struggle to climb out of the smooth sided bath, so I should be able to catch him pretty easily if he bolts.
This is overkill, but I would much rather go through that hassle than try to track down a tiny lightning bolt of a snake, that managed to slip past me. He is damn fast!

Handling is easy, just make sure you have as many points of contact as possible and pay loads of attention.

Thanks for that, Bredli84! I am sure a bit of overkill is better than the alternative, when it comes to cleaning and feeding. I shudder to think of how careful you would have to be if you were doing the same with a larger enclosure.

I still think they are an incredibly beautiful snake.

If you need to take it to the bath to keep it under control go back to pythons or maybe snails are more your pace

Thanks for that, Bredli84! I am sure a bit of overkill is better than the alternative, when it comes to cleaning and feeding. I shudder to think of how careful you would have to be if you were doing the same with a larger enclosure.

I still think they are an incredibly beautiful snake.

I won't be particularly concerned when I move him to a larger enclosure. He is currently on the floor with a lot of clutter around in an old tub which has gone milky and hard to see into. This makes it pretty tricky. The new home I have lined up is well above the floor and easy for me to see into, so no concerns. Will just have to remove him and place into a separate tub for cleaning.

He really is not difficult to handle at all. He goes nuts for the first 15 seconds or so, but settles right down.

I love them. Am adding it to my quickly lengthening list of wanted snakes.

Hey that is one of the most beautiful snakes I have ever seen. How much did it cost? And which expo are you talking about?

Thanks for posting the updated photo. Of course, I'm now kicking myself even more that I didn't grab that guy when I had the chance!

Speaking of which, do you know if it's a guy or a girl yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back