Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saximus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Just picked up this little guy from Crocdoc. He's a super nice guy and he has gorgeous animals. Lacies are/were number one on my wish list so I'm very happy at the moment :)
ydu8e5ur.jpg

uvyqu6ud.jpg

Good work Dan, about time you get one mate.

Very nice Sax,

I'm sure your aware they're VERY addictive:)!

Any guesses on gender?

Haha I've heard that IV. No not even David was willing to guess at this age

Good stuff mate, they're beautiful animals.

grats on the new addition, the mrs keeps at me to get her 1 so i guess ill be getting one myself soon

very nice bud, cant wait to get one also! i think they are on everyone's wish list these days haha .. ahh the wish list :rolleyes:

Congrats mate, you're in for a handful, but their worth it.

Post some pics of its enclosure soon.

Congrats, looks totally awesome, but after *that* recent thread on here and you *still* want one ? Ooooh boy, Sax, oooooh boy ! :)

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. I was so excited when I woke up this morning I ran straight to the herp room to check on him/her

very nice. How old is he/her?

Only about three weeks but it's almost doubled its hatching weight

Congrats mate, you're in for a handful, but their worth it.

Post some pics of its enclosure soon.

Haha yeah I know it will be "fun" but I know what I've gotten myself into. At the moment it's just in a big fish tank till next year when it's big enough for an aviary so it's not really an exciting enough enclosure to show pics of

Did you get to see "Alex" and "Nelish" by any chance?

Yeah sort of. They were both sleeping still so they were rather inanimate. Their enclosure is incredible though

Awww, my daughter desperately wants one. As she's five she's counting away the 11 years we said she had to wait haha, for that... and a perentie... and a croc... that's my girl :p

Sorry to bring this thread up sax but i wanted to ask a quick question...what monitors did u keep to prepare youself for a lace monitor? just curious

thanks.

I had tristis and Ackies. The Ackies had an impressive feeding response but I wouldn't say either of them really prepares you for Lacies. According to the OEH that's all you need but I guess the best thing to do would be to make friends with someone who owns them so you can get a first-hand understanding and respect for what they can do. Seeing my friend's at feeding time and seeing just how quickly it was capable of moving from one end of the aviary to the other was a real eye opener.
Otherwise, I guess a Sandie might be the more appropriate class 1 monitor since they are the biggest but nothing compares to actually playing with one.

Ah okay, thanks. Would just keeping 1 sandy qualify me to apply for advanced and keep the species listed in my signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back