Born Free...........Na!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Scott, Matt, Leamos and Matt. Have to try and catch up with some of you guys soon.
Just an update on the story.
The largest of the three skinks lost the tip of it's tail a while back. According to a friend of mine he has witnessed some of his male mullet latch onto a females tail and allow her to drag him around like a dead weight if she continually rejected their mating advances.
I was hoping that might have been the case this time, rather than outright aggression.
I managed a photo the other day which left me thinking that mating may well have taken place, by the look of the scaring on the animals side and hind leg. It has other minor scarring as well though which was not evident before they were released into the pit.
What do you reckon?
PS Scotty, I'll need a couple of books signed when we do catch up again, well done mate.

Attachments

• Land Mullet D.jpg
    Land Mullet D.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 86
Not a problem mate. When we catch up next I am happy to sign them. We will look to move our majors and mullets outside soon I think.

Cheers
scott

Awsome Mike. Wicked pit.
Ya need to get a few tigers to throw in there, or make another pit for some. lol.

Spot on there Rob more pits Mike!

I can't use lack of space as an excuse for not building more. I have to mow the hill it's on so the more pits the less mowing I suppose.
Elapids outside would be awesome I reckon, but I'm getting too old and slow for them now. Hey Rob have to catch up mate.

Scott, are you going to house your Majors and Mullets together? Would it be ok to put a couple of Major skinks in there with them or would that be asking for trouble? It's pretty big 7x5 metres with lots of hide areas although the Mullet do seem to pop up all over the place rather than sticking to a particular area. If all that sounds ok do you have any or know of any for sale?

Thanks Jrfear and Damo. No worries Damo but like I said I'm pretty slow these days, and I charge by the hour whether I'm working or sleeping.

Last edited:
Yes will have to catch up soon for sure Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back