Carpet Baby Problem Feeder?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davobmx

Reaction score
had this lil guy for a week now, he smashed a feed first day i got him home, hes been a lil **** tagging and stalking all the time. i offered him a feed yesterday and wasnt taking it, just tagging it and everything around but wouldnt hold on.
tonight i have tried everything again, leaving him with it, tempting him, seperate box. i left him in a box with it and he looked interested, cameback 20 min later and hes sitting up ready to strike.

never had a feeding problem with my other carpet, any tips?

had this lil guy for a week now, he smashed a feed first day i got him home, hes been a lil **** tagging and stalking all the time. i offered him a feed yesterday and wasnt taking it, just tagging it and everything around but wouldnt hold on.
tonight i have tried everything again, leaving him with it, tempting him, seperate box. i left him in a box with it and he looked interested, cameback 20 min later and hes sitting up ready to strike.

never had a feeding problem with my other carpet, any tips?

You're stressing it.
Let it settle for a few weeks and if it doesn't feed at any particular time leave it for a few days before offering again.

even better then leave him alone until you get back , if hes biting but not holding on then hes clearly stressed let him settle , no handling , no attempts to feed until you get back , he will be fine with no food , then when you get back attempt a feed BEFORE you bother him with any sort of handling :D

if you had him for a week and he has fed once, then he will be perfectly fine as long as you make sure he has water :)

i got carpet babies that didnt eat until 6-8 weeks after their first shed, and there was no signs of weakening or anything.

some snakes needs a couple of weeks to settle, i bet if you just make sure he has water, then he will eat when you get back home after 2 weeks ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back