Advice on taking my Darwin out side please.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarwinBrianT

Reaction score
I want to take my Darwin out side for the first time tomorrow. She is about 1.8 to 2m long.
I'm just wanting some advice on what might go wrong. Has anyone had anything bad happen from taking their snake out side?

Cheers Brian.

I recently took my Diamond pythons outside for the first time last weekend. In all it was awesome (and my girl even cleaned her bowels), but my parents were concerned about birds (which is fair enough) so I kept a vigilant lookout. I also made sure they kept on grass and didnt wander somewhere they would be hard to retrieve from. I would highly recommend doing it though, as they seemed to love it.

I have started taking some of my snakes out for a crawl on the grass lately. They will normally relieve themselves which is always a bonus as it means less cleaning. The most important thing is to keep them in clear sight at all times, always from place you won't be able to get the out of & away from animals. I always stand close to my snake whilst it's crawling around as a deterrent to birds. There was a thread on here once where someone had a bird swoop and strike a a large olive python which was out crawling on the grass, it's always a risk but very very minimal if you observe the surroundings. Never take a very small snake outside as they are at a greater risk of veconing prey.

I let my 9 month old coastal wonder the lawn and up trees but im always beside er and never let her out of sight. most of the time she just wants to curl up and hide though.

I take my 6month old coastal and my dragons out all the time, just stay close to them

Thanks for the replies, I'm keen to get some pics of her out side as well.
I'm told because she is not a wild snake she won't just run off like a true wild snake would is that right?

They don't move as fast as you think, if they don't see you as a threat they will just cruise around and taste/smell the area,
I give mine a big area and a few branches to climb

I have a young Darwin that is the Usain Bolt of the python world when he gets a bit of sun on him, nothing a quick grab here and there can't control though.

I did that with jeffs albino darwin, she didn't like it so much, hence the blood coming from my wrist lol

- - - Updated - - -

Move to quick and she goes ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back