Worlds longest snake found

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RSPcrazy

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I saw this today, thought I should share it here.

55 feet long.
623181A2-2A18-40F2-B286-DF09E91A99F0-7055-00000CE70385DE6C.jpg

Heres the story.

World Longest Snake is Found | Looking for REPTILE? Yes REPTILE. It's all here!

Pic has been going around for years, it was never officially measured.

"The giant python reticulatus has 55 ft or 16,7 meter length with 300 Kg weight. The snake age estimation is about 140 years old. But what field worker said was denied by the local government. The officers of guiping government said that the story and that picture is hoax. There is no giant longest snake python on that territory."

Many years ago the National Geographic Society put up a cash prize (${10,000 I think) if anyone could catch a snake over 30 feet long. To my knowledge the prize was never claimed and to this day no live snake has ever been found that exceeds this length. Fluffy, a reticulated python, at the Columbus Zoo was until recently the longest snake in captivity at around 24feet long. There is a very old record of a 32 foot retic but it is of dubious origin.

Fluffy, a reticulated python, at the Columbus Zoo was until recently the longest snake in captivity at around 24feet long.

There are even doubts about Fluffy's measurements.. Here's a video I stumbled across a while back.
According to Bob Clark (Fluffy's breeder), she measured at 24 feet.

fluffy measurement - snakezilla - YouTube

She was still a very impressive snake nonetheless, RIP Fluffy.

Many years ago the National Geographic Society put up a cash prize (${10,000 I think) if anyone could catch a snake over 30 feet long. To my knowledge the prize was never claimed and to this day no live snake has ever been found that exceeds this length. Fluffy, a reticulated python, at the Columbus Zoo was until recently the longest snake in captivity at around 24feet long. There is a very old record of a 32 foot retic but it is of dubious origin.
Theres a recti kept in a zoo in jakarta thats 49ft and 990pound thats the record holder atm eats 4 dogs a month haha wonder wat breed..

That snake isnt even 25 feet long let alone 49 feet. I remember when it was measured and came up WELL short of their claim.

Theres a recti kept in a zoo in jakarta thats 49ft and 990pound thats the record holder atm eats 4 dogs a month haha wonder wat breed..

- - - Updated - - -

An Anaconda would easily be the heaviest but probably not the longest.

And here I thought the record holder would go to an anaconda.

If that was the case, wouldn't the Guiness Book of World Records need to be updated?

They suggest Fluffy is still the longest snake at 7.3m (24 feet).

Im pretty sure Fluffy died earlier this year :(

Dead or alive, she was the world's largest (according to GBoWR) snake in captivity at 7.3m.

"
Fluffy, a reticulated python (Python reticulatus), when measured on 30 September 2009, she was found to be over 7.3 m (24 ft) long. Fluffy died at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Powell, Ohio, USA, on 26 Oct 2010 due to an apparent tumor. She was 18 years old and still 24 foot long.
"

101028_snake.jpg

I watched a doco on it the other day mate and it is well past 25ft and 10 people couldnt even lift it so that suggest the weight...

Do you recall what the docko was called? Sounds like it would be worth a watch.

It was on that gem channel a few weeks ago NBC did it i think i is one full on snake its heads well bigger than the handlers haha he'd need one bigg *** snake hook

i think there are alot of zoos around the world that claim to have the longest snake but i think its just a case of 2 many men arguing over who has the biggest snake.... when realistically the biggest beasts are in some corner of the jungle somewhere uncharted....not in captivety

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back