Fake Grass

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
have it in several enclosures
pros: relatively cheap (from bunnings),easy to clean,has nice texture and look,several colours available
cons: hard to keep on the ground with juveniles,they love to hide under it
most of my enclosures use it and fairly happy with it.cut 2 of every size required for ease of cleaning.we use a steam cleaner and a squirt of f10 afterwards

I have half sand half grass in with my dragons its fine, just take out and hose off.

Can also use marine carpet - imo it looks nicer than fake grass, can be permanently fixed easily, washes easily, comes in a variety of grass like colours, cheaper, better for the environment, little fragments don't tend to come off...

Fake Grass.....does anyone have it and is it any good !!

I have used it with mixed opinion. While it looks great, some of my pythons managed to work their way underneath the fake grass (due to my bad cutting). If you check out the backing it is very coarse. It irritated the scales on my pythons, particularly their nose. But I switched them to the marine carpet which isn't so harsh. I love using carpet. It looks great.

We have astro turf in all our enclosures. The bhp especially loves setting up a labarynth of tunnels under it and the rubber backing is perfect assistance when shedding. Easy to clean, looks good.

I used it once apon a time. Even though it looks good, I hate it and will never use it again.

My reasons:
Everytime I had to clean it, I would have to take it outside, hose it off and wait for it to dry. Once I put a clean peace in the enclosure, they would crap all over it straight away, so I had to hose off that peace as well.

But the worst problem I had with it, was when feeding (in the tanks) they would get their teeth stuck in the grass, so I had to help them get unstuck.
I also had some agro stakes that would strike when you walked past, when they did this and hit the floor, they would again get their teeth stuck in it and I had to help them get unstuck, again.

I use aspen now, it's the best stuff I've ever used, just pickup the dirty part and replace it with a handful of new stuff.

I have both astro turf and marine carpet in my enclosures easy and cheap to maintain

I use it in an enclosure and really like it, there are varying qualities, the good one is great and looks better, the cheaper ones are a bit average. That and aspen are my staples.

That's exactly what I was talking about.... What was everyone else on about.... :oops:

ive been considering using it in mine, its 4x2x2 enclosure so a decent size i was thinking of cutting it into 3 pieces with a spare few bits just so when it gets soiled i can just take out the smaller portion instead of the whole thing.

Putting green turf is better.
Softer and doesn't look like it's made of shreds of garbage bags.

We use put put green it is short cleans well and have had no problems with it easy to clean spray on F10 then vacuum and if you want just hose it down and let it dry no problems with shedding either

Got it, use it, love it... I have mine cut really snug to the tank size and I have to get a good grab to lift it out so my Mac has never managed to get under it either.

- - - Updated - - -

Just read the later parts of the thread... :oops:

We had it as a cover on the cement verandah where I grew up. It lasted a long time and was good because, like when you use it with your snakes, if it gets muddy you can hose it off. I wouldn't use it under a tree where no grass will grow but as a way to cover some unsightly cement it's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back