V supercharged VS 6 cylinder Twin turbo

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twin turbo VS V8 supercharged

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
accellerating too fast is classified as reckless driving lol!
see sliverbeast im not the only one that thinks that taking off like an idiot is reckless looks like someone in the australian traffic authority agrees with me if its already been made a law , from what i can tell from a quick google search it can be classed as dangerous driving , reckless driving a bad start (not sure what they mean by that) and also like i said it can be classed as a type of hooning and its all left to the police officers desecration

I am not debating wether it is or isn't illegal or anything like that, just the point that it is AS BAD as speeding. As speeding is one of the biggest killers on our roads.

I've been a big fan of v8's for a long time, and voted as such. But the fact is the new age turbos are producing some pretty incredible figures. They are lighter - so will undoubtedly handle better. The engines are smaller - don't cost as much with 2-4cylinders less to modify. They are cheaper to run as they are using turbo technology powered from an exhaust, rather than a crank/belt driven induction system. Still, when it comes to throwing punches, a bigger capacity engine will ALWAYS out perform a smaller capacity engine. It's just common sense. A forced inducted engine will generally have an advantage over a non-force inducted engine - but get it on a level playing field and it gets interesting. Traction control and suspension then come into play, as well as gearing etc.

I had a mate with (same old story, but here goes :lol:) ...I had a mate with a huge turbo (probably off a truck) in a white 1600 Datsun ute. My other mate had a 455cube firebird which ran a mild nitrous hit. The bloody Datsun could hang with it by a thread for the 1/4 mile. It used to drive my chevy mate nuts! Mind you the turbo lag was horrendous! :lol: :D

I like my 2L turbo Astra lol, 7.3l/100 driving to work every day and isn't as sluggish as the non-turbo 4s. I like not losing speed and changing gears when ever I see a hill. On the other hand with enough money and if I cared less about the environment I would probly get an 8 lol.
Lets all go back to riding horses and laughing at the guys on donkeys.
Anyway Im pretty sure when I read this tomorrow it won't make sence, I've been getting a good run up for an engagement party tonight.
Have fun all and don't do anything Charlie Sheen wouldn't.

Where was the option for turbo'd w ankel engines???
In relation to an earlier comment where forced induction increases fuel consumption. My old mans vl turbo(rb30) used 13l/100km at 7psi boost. When he had it dyno'd to run 15psi boost this figure dropped to 11l/100km. Most times forced induction increases torque more so than HP so the motor doesn't work as hard to keep the vehicle at the speed limit, thus reducing fuel consumption

Last edited:
I changed my turbo to a vrx turbo and upped my boost to 10psi and found my economy got better too.

Where was the option for turbo'd w ankel engines???
In relation to an earlier comment where forced induction increases fuel consumption. My old mans vl turbo(rb30) used 13l/100km at 7psi boost. When he had it dyno'd to run 15psi boost this figure dropped to 11l/100km. Most times forced induction increases torque more so than HP so the motor doesn't work as hard to keep the vehicle at the speed limit, thus reducing fuel consumption

Get a bike,cheaper to run, better in traffic, and depending what you ride will blow most turbo cars with a cold away.

I agree, I sold my WRX because i nearly had to get a lone everytime I broke a box, a diff or drive shafts (about every 6 months), now I have a stock standard bike with pipes that is just as quick as my Rexy was. No brainer, except for when it rains ;-)

Well one of my other Hobbies beside Reptile's is Car's.
Like you (besides my animals# my passion is cars :) Im a member of a few car clubs & Im normally the photographer at such events. Although im normally the odd one out, because I love my HSV GTS....and the clubs im a member of are european car clubs or super car clubs. I dont need to supercharge my GST, it suits me just fine the way it is, although I must say I'm loving the latest GTS's & reckon by the end of the year I will upgrade to this years model :).....the old boy, on the other hand has the latest M3 coup V8 & he is currently looking at supercharging it!!!! I dont know why, because its already super fast & it is the lightest production V8 on the market at the moment, with its aluminium bonnet & carbon Fibre outer parts.
here's a photo of my current 4 wheeled baby

car.jpg

I agree, I sold my WRX because i nearly had to get a lone everytime I broke a box, a diff or drive shafts (about every 6 months), now I have a stock standard bike with pipes that is just as quick as my Rexy was. No brainer, except for when it rains ;-)

What gbox and diffs did you have? A 6 speed with r180 diff and the bigger shafts are pretty dam strong and won't break unless you are pushing big horsepower or being stupid.....

I miss my cars sometimes.....one day I'll get/build another nice one but until then the old hilux will have to do!

Just standard 5 speed driveline, after the engine work it dyno'd 228kw at all 4. I drove sensible most of the time but one thing broke after another.

nothing beats a boxer rumble and a turbo whine

A blown 572 does it for me, I'll take muscle every time.

- - - Updated - - -

What type of bike you riding mate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back