World of Warcraft players: Unite!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I started Guildwars two last weekend, enjoying it so far. I have to say though as pc gamers we owe a lot to blizzcon for all their groundbreaking games.

Thrall - Alliance. I have druids and more druids. Got into dual-boxing only briefly after Cata came out... didn't keep me as interested as I had hoped and it's a lot of work to keep up to date. I only really stopped playing regularly in May this year after playing for 7 years. Hubby is still hooked, though after all the latest changes, and friends leaving as they're sick of waiting for MoP, I've got zero motivation to log in now. Guild having problems getting 10 folks together for HM DS runs so that sucks. I'm a pet and mount collector and I'm almost OCD about my professions and having them to max with all possible recipes learned but even that isn't enough to keep me logged in more than 15 minutes now. :(

I just feel like Blizzard's slipped a little in the last two expansions. Wrath started out ok, but we killed LK and were waiting forever for the new content which killed guilds, including my own. Same situation now. We've downed DW... so now we have to wait months and months for new content? People have lost interest and gone elsewhere. With the new talent changes we've lost even more. Just so over it. Wish hubby would quit as I'm super enjoying D3 with him at the moment but he loves it enough to dabble equally in both still. :?

Yup, the waiting for the new content is what the real killer is (no matter what people actually think of the content). I've kept myself interesting by RAFing with two different people to see how many toons I can get, and seeing how much gold I can make on my main to help the progression in a couple of weeks time.

I liked early Cataclysm (overpowered Feral amirite?), but that went downhill when they nerfed the dungeons, then started making DS easier and so forth. There's something a little maddening to seeing the fights you've spent so long on nerfed to the ground so the "casual players" can also have a pretty achievement and/or mount. H Ragnaros was amazing, and the 25 version was the only fight I've encountered thus far to actually force me to change my gearing style just to survive.

The gameplay of the beta however, and how tanks currently play has definitely kept me interested. Contrary to your findings, a lot of people on the servers I play on logged back on to check out the talents and playstyles and all. I think Blizzard has done an amazing job of balancing the talents so that they're "for fun" and not mandatory, like the whole talent system was. I guess we'll see if people really like it when MoP starts.

i only just got into wow, infact im still using my free trial o_O but cant wait to get it properly XD
Barthilas - horde
:D

I personally have really enjoyed the update of the talents system. I was initially very negative about it myself, I stomped around and threw a few tantrums, but in the end Blizzard seemed to know what they were doing. A rogue nerf finally made PVP more fun. And sure, I'm not happy about Pandas... But the new area looks brilliant, its something different to the constant rocky expanses (ie Outlands and Orgrimmar) and generic forests (What ever the Draenei and Night Elf starting areas are called). It will be nice to see something different, to play new content. Im sure WoW isn't what it was in its prime, but it's still a brilliant, evolving, shifting game. And that deserves some respect.

I was initially very negative about it myself, I stomped around and threw a few tantrums, but in the end Blizzard seemed to know what they were doing. A rogue nerf finally made PVP more fun. And sure, I'm not happy about Pandas...

The new talents definitely take some getting used to, but I don't really see what's so negative about them. Choices are amazing.

Actually I lie, the only negative I see is now I can't immediately armory someone and determine if they're bad :lol:

Never really cared all that much about rogues in PvP. PvP gets insanely better once you understand how the other classes work. Low level PvP is definitely frustrating, but rogues are rather easy to circumvent at 85.

I agree about pandas. They have some lore and all, but that's as far as it goes for me. Personally, I would have loved nagas as a playable race.

Haven't played much WOW. Got heavily into Everquest (Evercrack) back in 2000/2001 and then less so for the next 3 years. I enjoy those games but I'm more of a loner and they are set up more for teamplayers/guilds and more hardcore players. Don't really have the time these days to play much either.

I quit at the start of the year and to be honest enjpying not playing
all my 6 years of playing I was a very well known player in the australian community and towards the end top end guilds
but yea if you remember skincarver or sistinas you are awesome

SKINCARVER! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Infamous, you mean. I can't believe you used your wow name on here :p

I'm khaz'goroth. jubei'thos. Horde and alliance.

Characters Massdebate, brosephanie, brosephine, bambilegs etc

Though these days I am mostly playing Guild wars 2. I forget what server Im on on that, but I know its not sea of sorrows LOL
Characters Feline Dion, Lil Bunny Foofoo

- - - Updated - - -

I started Guildwars two last weekend, enjoying it so far. I have to say though as pc gamers we owe a lot to blizzcon for all their groundbreaking games.

I could not agree more. I still have a huge sentimental attachment to wow. Its gone downhill, too much pandaing (pun intended) to raiders & crazy hardcore nutbags. You can't make the hardcore nutbags happy and have a smooth well rounded game that everyone can get into. The nutbags are just the loud minority that are always in Blizz's ear.

Ah well... for people like me who have been playing for 6 years, leaving feels like leaving a good portion of your known life behind. I am rather enjoying guildwars, but keep sneaking back into wow for sentimental reasons.

too much pandaing (pun intended) to raiders & crazy hardcore nutbags. You can't make the hardcore nutbags happy and have a smooth well rounded game that everyone can get into.

On the contrary, the game is becoming increasingly centered on casual players. Have you actually raided endgame "hardcore"? Blizzard is introducing Challenge Modes in MoP specifically because of the many "hardcore" players that are no longer playing. This would not be the case if the game is pandering more towards hardcore players.

I've been both hardcore and casual... from running my own raiding guild to just derping around the game. The trend was set late wrath (when I was leading a hardcore 10man raid but also 25man raiding with the servers top guild) and the second they did it, they needed to try to put in content for casuals as well. They screwed it, the game became far too segregated. I miss vanilla wow... now it is all about either hardcore raiding, or being a casual derp. But then again, when you think about it, there is a natural lifespan of such games and wow has outlived them all. It was only natural it would eventually die... I guess I just cling to the old days.

I am guessing you never experienced vanilla wow?

Vanilla wow... that's where it was at. And I came into vanilla pretty late as we started to play in May of 2005. I was never bored back then.
Raiding is what I love. If I'm not doing that I'm achievement point whoring or farming mounts and pets. Just prefer to be in D3 right now than WoW.
The folks who played vanilla were a lot more laid back imo too. Naxx raiding at 60 was where I had the best times. :D

damn it. I clicked on this thread by accident and got geek all over me :(

I am guessing you never experienced vanilla wow?

Unfortunately not. However I still find it difficult to see how it is catering more to hardcore players when it keeps getting easier and easier for casuals to play (don't even have to go to a trainer to learn spells now! :p)

I was Horde on Barthilas, did all the hard core raiding stuff, was a lot of fun and then Cata came out, everyone lost interest, especially being a 25m guild. havne't played for ages and can'r really say I miss, but it was a lot of fun during ICC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back