Falling asleep during feed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leamos

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone else's snake have a habit of falling asleep during feeding time? my female jungle often 'zones out' in between striking and actually starting to swallow but tonight I was rolling around the place laughing with her antics. She hung there from her perch for about 30mins with the rat halfway down. Kept checking on her but went back to doing other things and after a while heard a loud thump, came back in to find her on the enclosure floor, she sat there in a daze for a few seconds and started swallowing again, within 2 mins the rest of the rat was down. She'd clearly fallen asleep mid rat and gravity took over

Yeah I have a md which will strike zone out for like an hour with rat in mouth until I actually check on her again and shake the feeding tub a bit she will then continue!

Anyone else's snake have a habit of falling asleep during feeding time? my female jungle often 'zones out' in between striking and actually starting to swallow but tonight I was rolling around the place laughing with her antics. She hung there from her perch for about 30mins with the rat halfway down. Kept checking on her but went back to doing other things and after a while heard a loud thump, came back in to find her on the enclosure floor, she sat there in a daze for a few seconds and started swallowing again, within 2 mins the rest of the rat was down. She'd clearly fallen asleep mid rat and gravity took over
Lol perhaps your snake has narcolepsy :D

Pics or it never happened :D

My MD does it on her second fuzzie all the time! She quickly devours the 1st, but it can take up to 40 mins between striking and swallowing the second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back