My happiness :)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloomster

Reaction score
Hello all...
Thought id share what is making me smile these days... Hope you all like .
I am In Western Australia, though it is not my first time breeding as i have bred My woma's twice, this Female BHP is a first for me, and still a rare event in WA..

A gravid BHP

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0339.jpg

Sorry about the average quality, just taken with my phone, would like to get some better ones later, but dont wish to disturb her too much.
Hope you enjoy the photo's, for anyone wanting more info, PM me.

Cheers
David Bloomfield

Last edited:
Nice work Dave. Did you do anything special to prepare them? Heated hides or anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Breeding BHPs is rare in WA? I would have thought they'd be a dymadozen over there.
Nope. Especially the Pilbara BHP's. Some people have been doing well with the Kimberly forms though.

As Snowman as said, Pilbara's are extremely rare for being bred in WA
Kimberlys are much easier, though no more than probably 8 clutches in the last few years. Correct me if im wrong, i know of about 5 clutches only in the last 3 years.

Snowman - Nothing special, cooled down, probably more than they are used to, Also started earlier than i would have expected, they pretty much breed at the start of cooling down, not like carpets where it is the opposite.
Other than that mate, straight forward. Just Lucky i guess.

- - - Updated - - -

IMAG0346.jpg

I've only heard of three clutches in the last few years. It's bloody exciting to see another WA local have success with them. :)

Good luck with the future clutch. Its good to see the rare ones do well. Let's hope the youngsters fall into the hands of more breeders to see their numbers increase.

Are the pibara BHPs endangered or just renown for being hard to breed in captivity?

Not rare in the wild, just difficult to breed in captivity, I think we will start to see success once there is a few captives hanging around in collections, it seems to be the wild specimens haven't taken to breeding in captivity well, probably just the way we are keeping them at this point in time?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back