Substrate Coir peat!!! Have i bought the right one!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ive been using it for my womas and when its really dry it does seem a little dusty but i haven't had any problems yet and their always pushing their heads through it and it was recommended to me by the breeder who i don't think had had any problems with it

What does the health warning on the top right actually say?

Only saw that when you pointed it out. It says " This product contains microorganisms, avoid breathing dust or mists- wear particulate mask if dusty, wear gloves and keep product moist when handling. wash hands immediately after use"

What does the health warning on the top right actually say?

the same as all garden products and all garden centers say. May cause adverse health effects etc. Because people have caught legionaires disease from those products before. It's not the dust that causes resp problems it's the micro organisms.

The company is just covering their A.r.s.e

Car manufacturers could say this vehicle may cause death.....:)P)

I have used this product since the year dot. Never had problems with humans or animals. Reptiles and Invertebrates

Last edited:
Have used this product in a pit with Shinglebacks and Blueys without any problems. In an enclosure I give it a week or so to dry out.

The company is just covering their A.r.s.e

Car manufacturers could say this vehicle may cause death.....:)P)
dont know mate they just might if you read the manual i know when i was reading through the manual for a mates pit bike that it had a warning this bike may cause serious injury or death

still havent got around to trying this out yet.. every one is due for a clean out, so ill try it out this weekend... any do's or don'ts that is on the packaging?

How did you like this stuff, New? I've just picked up a couple of bricks but haven't tried it out yet.

Looks like everyone uses this for their herps. Shhh..... the secret's out!

i just put it into 2 out of my 3 enclosures, snakies all seem to be happy on it. very economical. only problem ive had is that as soon as i put the 2nd brick out to dry, its been raining ever since. lol.

How much is it? I pay $12 for fine critters crumble, Is there as much as in a critters crumble bag?

How much is it? I pay $12 for fine critters crumble, Is there as much as in a critters crumble bag?

I would say 1.5 blocks for a Kritter's bag. If you are getting kritter's for that cheap though i would go with that instead, saves you the trouble of wetting it and drying it out. If you don't mind me asking where are you buying your kritter's?

Also how does it look compared to Kritters?

It is very fine, looks like dirt with strands of coconut fibre in them but unlike dirt, it is very light.

bunnings told my friend that they dont stock it anymore :(

When did you hear this? I recently brought mine last week from the michinbury store and it still seems stocked up. Maybe when your friend went they were sold out?

I would say 1.5 blocks for a Kritter's bag. If you are getting kritter's for that cheap though i would go with that instead, saves you the trouble of wetting it and drying it out. If you don't mind me asking where are you buying your kritter's?

I buy the 35L bulk bags of kitty's crumble, exactly the same as fine kritters crumble, my local pet 'superstore' sells the 35L bags for $20 whereas they sell the 20L bag of kritters for $14(when its in stock!). I've found it does come slightly damper then the kritters but a day in the sun fixes that

When did you hear this? I recently brought mine last week from the michinbury store and it still seems stocked up. Maybe when your friend went they were sold out?

yesterday hun, i sent her there to get it for me, armed with the aisle number, position on the shelf, a photo, the price and the barcode, everything they could need and they told her they no longer stocked it....

She ended up getting me a bigger thing that was coconut husk/coir peat, just went to find the bag but in my cleaning frenzy ive thrown out half a bag of substrate!!!:facepalm:

its a bit coarser and as it makes up to 60l its very economical at $9 a bag and i found it easier to work with i juwt broke off chunks and sprayed with a bit of water and crumbled it. it looks nice and natural too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back