Breeding Carpet Jaguar

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redman

Not so new Member
Reaction score
On Eggs.jpg

Hello all

Excuse my ignorance butI am new to this.

I have a Jaguar Carpet Python who has just laid a clutch of 29 eggs, all good. The picture is of here straight after she laid the clutch

My question is, The sire is a cross between a Diamond Python and a Jungle Python, so what will the hatchlings be classed as ??

Cheers

Redman

That's a really beautiful snake Redman. Post up the pics of the hatchies when they arrive please!

Breading Carpet Jaguar

If the jag was a Coastal then they will all be 50% Coastal, 25% Diamond, 25% Jungle with about half the babies being jags

Here is a picture of the Male (not a good photo)

Just wasn't sure what I would class them as if I wanted to sell them
Male.JPG

You would officially probably have to class them as Morelia spilota sub-species unknown but you should make sure any potential buyers fully understand their lineage

Do you have a particular goal in mind with this pairing or was it just that they are both Carpet pythons so you figured you'd see what happens?

Last edited:
You would officially probably have to class them as Morelia spilota sub-species unknown but you should make sure any potential buyers fully understand their lineage

Do you have a particular goal in mind with this pairing or was it just that they are both Carpet pythons so you figured you'd see what happens?

I like the clear defined yellow marking on the male, the photo is not a good one, he is very black and has well defined yellow markings, the yellow and black dont blend together with half yellow and half black if that makes sense.
The female has the Jaguar gene (RPM) so I thought combining the two might result in some nice Jag snakes that have well defined colours. - here's hoping

You will have roughly 50% Jags and then 50% non Jags which can be called Jag Sibs, carpet pythons, crosses and a few other terms.

over here they would be called.....

diamond jungle jaguars

and diamond jungle jag siblings (the ones who don't carry the jag gene)

cheers shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back