Fluon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramsayi

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone purchased Fluon recently and if so from who and was it watered down?

Last two lots I got from petshops have been so watered down that they might as well be all water,totally useless.

I ran into a problem a while ago where I couldn't get Fluon to the island anymore. Swapped to Vaseline and although being messier, it works.

My 2c

Yeah vaso works but it runs when it gets warm and crap sticks all over it.Fluon is a lot better, just need to find a supplier who doesn't add heaps of water to it,hence the post.

Reptile Direct sells it Rams. I haven't bought it from them but you could shoot them an email as ask how watery their one is

I've heard silicon spray works jus as well though I haven't used it myself.

live foods unlimited, ebay pretty much everywhere now...................again!

Yeah I know it can be purchased at a few places but want to know who is selling it without it being thinned out too much.Like I wrote earlier last 2 lots I got from different places were next to useless.

Order it from Livefoods Unlimited, Rams. The stuff from Camo's seems watered down..

Thanks Sam.Think my next order will be from Rob.Agree with you as I have found the same.

The stuff from Camo's seems watered down..

I've only ever bought fluon from Camo's (one bottle lasts forever!) and always thought that's the right consistency. It is watery but no woodies ever get out :)

Yes, it's true that the woodies don't get out, but you have to apply a lot more than you would with the regular stuff to get a decent enough amount to stop them escaping.

If you look at images of how Fluon is supposed to look once applied & dried, you will realise it is watered down.

It's also a nightmare to apply. The stuff I've used needed to be painted onto a completely flat surface or it would run everywhere. I had no idea it's not supposed to be like that till this thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back